Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

I'm 18, and I keep having really bad hand tremors (my hands wont stop shaking). What does this mean?

i'm an 18 year old female, and since I was about a sophmore in high school i've been noticing that i've been getting really bad tremors (my hands will continualy shake...and won't stop, uncontrolably). Sometimes I don't even notice when it happens, but most of the time I do..and sometimes I feel anxious when it does. I've had a countless number of teachers, friends, and family members notice it...it's extremely embarrassing. What is the cause of this? I am too young for Parkinsons right? My tremors are at a worst when I am giving a class presentation.... although thats probably just because I am nervous. But they also start at random times like when I am just eating dinner with my family.....a time when I am definitely not nervous. Anyone know what this sounds like? I'm beginning to get worried...I'm going to the doctor soon but I just want a heads up.thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

I'm so glad you're FINALLY going to the doctor. It's really amazing what stress can do to the body. It IS a possibility, but something doesn't sound like it is stress.

Don't worry. The docs will fix you up! Bless you and Good luck! :)

Source(s): Nurse.

Try drinking something like Gatorade or Propel Water (Propel is better, less sugar). Eat more bananas and other high magnesium foods.

I had a similar problem myself. Turned out that I had a magnesium and sodium imbalance in the brain.

The neurons in the brain use electricity to send signals for your hand and all other body parts to move. But if the signal can't make the jump to the next neuron because the connection is weaker; only part of the message gets through right away. You can move your hand, but the whole message doesn't get to your hand.

The message keeps trying to get through, and it does little by little. This causes little twitches because your hand is being told to move by the signal; but its a signal your brain sent some time back.

To fix it, you've got to increase the connection in between the neurons. Electrolytes in the Propel and Gatorade and Magnesium in the bananas will do this. As the connection gets better, the whole message should get to your hands when you want to move it; and it won't be getting there a little at a time. That should stop the shaking and twitching.

I'd say it's possible you have a neurological disorder. Now, before you begin any upset, there should be nothing to worry about if my assumption is correct. Most neurological disorders can be tamed with medications.

Parkinson's can occur at any age. However, a daily dose of L-Dopa would make your body just as normal as anyone elses. It is a possibility that you lack Dopamine in your body.

Do you have any times when you feel as if your body isn't moving as fast as you feel it should be? This is also possible Parkinson's disease symptom.

If anything, it is simply a chemical imbalance, which millions of people have, including me. No worries, and good luck at the doctor's office :]

It could be Parkinson's .

You could have hyperglycemia (low blood sugar).

Getting tested by a docter would be better than asking someone who has never seen you let alone know much about verious ailments or tests.

Do you drink lots of sodas , especially diet sodas ? if so try stopping for a week and see what happens. that is a cheap test but not as easy as you may expect.

it sounds like yours are a little bit more than mine. but the reason my hands do it is because i have excess sugar or some different nutrients. after i drink energy drinks my hands shake really bad. it could also be a deficiency. if you dont eat enough. when im very hungry my vision changes a bit and m hands start shaking. go see a doctor. hes a lot better than people like me on yahoo answers. good luck

No, No, No you are definitely not too young for Parkinson's. You should definitely consult a doctor, and if someone in your family has Parkinsons, you might have inherited it.

U MASTURBATE TOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH