Early 80's horror movie 6-8 mask wearing men terrorizes kids.?

I have one I have been trying to find again for quite some time.

This movie had men in what I think are animal masks, giving chlidren a scare. I remember the setting being wooded. I can't remember for the life of me!! please help!

Favorite Answer

Fortress (1986 TV movie)

starring Rachel Ward

IMDB review:

The story is very simple to follow. A young teacher, preparing for a well-deserved hiatus, and her small class of nine students are kidnapped by masked gunmen and taken to the Australian Outback. To this day, years later may I add, the images of those crazed masked men are still vivid in my mind. The underwater scene at the cave was probably one of the most horrifying moments in the entire movie. I remember holding my breath and gasping for air as I sat and watched them struggle to free themselves from captivity. The ending is enough to send chills down ones spine.

TRIVIA:

Loosely based on the 1972 Faraday School kidnapping of a teacher and her class by Edwin John Eastwood and Robert Clyde Boland. Eastwood later escaped from prison and repeated the crime with another teacher and her class in 1977.

Well, when I arrived, there were no answers. *SIGH* I'll go ahead and leave some information since I'm certain this is the one you are looking for.

When this was on cable originally, I must have watched it a dozen times or more, but I don't think I had a VCR yet because I'm sure that I would have taped it. Rachel Ward had just become a "name" star as Meggie in "The Thorn Birds" TV miniseries, so undoubtedly she helped draw a lot of attention to this movie. I'd love to see it again but haven't seen it on any schedule for many years. Everyone seems to remember the masked men! Maybe they traumatized us.

A typical plot involves a group of teenagers or college kids caught in either a supernatural event or are being hunted by a serial killer. Usually a typical horror film will contain these elements. - Car breaks down and there is no cell phone - No one listens to the old person who knows what is happening -Usually there is gore The stereotypical characters are: The jock, the jerk, the nerd, the female character who is only there for fanservice, the ethnic minority, the stoner, teh skater boy, or other one dimensional stock characters. If you do drugs or other immoral things, you will die Black people are likely to die. If there are however, more than one, than at least one will die. If you are a bully or are mean to the loner girl or the nerds, chances are, you will die. There is a chase scene where a person falls, crawls and doesn't get up and screams when the person is about to die. If you say, "I will be back." that person isn't coming back Avoid basements, closets, and attics like the plague. The atttributes that one survives in a horror are: They have a woman if they are male, smart, knows how to fight, devout Christian, or caucasian. BQ: Troll 2 BQ: Probably the Exorcist

Yes! I was gonna ask the same question I'm pretty sure this is the movie I was looking for thx. 80's horror movies are the best not like today's

Fortress

Fortress with Rachel Ward. Ward plays a teacher (I think in Australia?). She and her students are kidnapped by the men in masks.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091069/