Is it OK to leave Your past life behind?

so about a year ago i moved to a different country , different reality i have a new life now i am still the same person with the same belive system but eventhou i have tried not to leave the friends and close people from my old life back , every day i just keep thinking of the life i had less and less dont get... show more so about a year ago i moved to a different country , different reality i have a new life now i am still the same person with the same belive system but eventhou i have tried not to leave the friends and close people from my old life back , every day i just keep thinking of the life i had less and less dont get me wrong it was a nice life and there is nothing i want to forget but it is happening even my mother tounge is fading ( a litlle but it is fading )and i get this huge cuantity of IM and emails from friends telling me how much they missed me and all but lately just to keep up with their lifes is just time consuming and i try to keep up but i just dont do it as fast as they want me to
So is it ok is it normal ? why is just me that feels the fading and not them ? i feel gulty cause is not that i dont mean to keep in touch is just that i have a million things going on here so i dont have the time to keep up