Why does my ex girlfriend still try to contact me?

Me and my ex girlfriend were in a relationship for over a year. And within that time she never worked never cleaned nothing. I worked two jobs to support the both of us. Within this time I depleted my savings and did everything in the relationship. The reason we broke up is because I would not drive 1 ½ hours each way to her parents house everyday. Note I live less than 10 minutes away from where I work. The relationship drained me emotionally and finically. My question is after all of that she still calls and tells me about her new boyfriends even sends pictures and ask me who I am dating.

In our few short conversations she has told me she has a job a new boyfriend and how she is so happy with her life now. If she so happy and everything is so great and wonderful why is she still calling me? She says that she still wants to be friends so if you have any advise help me out.

Best Answer

breaking up with her was a good thing for you.. because if she is talking to you about her new b/f and how she so happy, that's only because she hopes that saying those things will cause you misery.. simply stop talking to her.. don't answer text messages.. just delete as fast as they come in don't even read them.. if she calls you press reject incoming call.. any voice mail.. as soon as you realize its her.. delete.. don't listen.. and soon she will realize its pointless. don't care who she dates or where she works.. or if she is even alive... your living your life and not looking back on the time you wasted with her..as far as friends go.. you don't need that kind of friend.

Many of the problems you may be facing could be just the tip of the iceberg on what is really happening in your marriage. I dont mean to scare you but many problems when they either first show up or if they keep reoccurring could be just whats showing from a larger problem that either you or your spouse cannot even see. One of the only things you can do to help is to talk honestly and openly with each other in the marriage. If things become more serious more serious options need to be looked at as possibilities. I have a blog that has more information on some of what I've been writing about. If you feel like checking it out I would completly suggest it. Read here https://tr.im/t8rxg

Love is a choice that is made everyday when you wake up and every night when you go to sleep. Some days you may not feel the original feeling but love isnt a feeling or an emotion. Its an action a verb. Falling out of love may just mean you need to spice things up a little or that you were never in love in the first place. Don't just get out of a marriage just because you don't think you like the person anymore.

She's calling you because she cares about you. The hardest thing is maintaining a friendship after a breakup- it can be a confusing thing to deal with- and only especially mature people are able to make it work. Although, the way you describe the situation- it sounds like she is not very mature- why would you call just to talk about a new BF? Sometimes not picking up the phone- giving time a moment to heal is the right thing to do if you truly want to be friends.

You're only shot at getting your ex back is to follow the right steps that will make her ask you to get back together. Learn here https://tr.im/yJuWL

Maybe if you broke up with her, then you might be able to be the one who brings up the subject of getting back together. But if you can do it without, it would be much better. But how do you get someone back without seeming desperate? In order to get your ex girlfriend attention, you have to show value without telegraphing your interest in her, while at the same time initiating interaction. So don't ignore your ex texts and calls when they break up with you. It screams that you are so devastated by the breakup that you can't even handle talking to her. You want to respond to her, but do it in the right way. You can even initiate communication if you do it in the right way. You have to maintain a strong frame of confidence, and show your ex girlfriend that your happiness isn't dependent on being with her

My fiance's ex used to call him all the time... asking the same questions and doing the same things your ex is doing. It was her way of feeling him out to see if he was happy without her... The funny thing was that every time she would ask if he was still with me and he would tell her he was, afterwards she would get extremely quiet and say she had to go.

More than likely she wants you back, but it is for all the wrong reasons. It's probably more of a security issue than truly wanting to be with you. You did, after all, give her things and support her for over a year. I would venture to say that the reason she is calling you is because she is not happy. I, personally, would not and could not be friends with my exes. They are exes for a reason.

Does she know that your relationship drained you financially and emotionally, or is her take on all that time that it was just another relationship? She may not realize how hurt (literally) you were. I don't think it's a bad thing to tell her how she exhausted you -- that you were "all in" and now it's difficult to figure out where she is to you. You might suggest that a little time in between having been so close to just being friends would help you get some perspective.

well there could be many reasons for her to do so. either she wants to get you jealous and get you to come back since you provided her with so much she knows you really cared about her.

on the other hand it could be true that all she wants it's really to be friends, if it didn't worked out one way it can work out another way.

but either way you have to know how you feel about this. if you are not comfortable to be friends with an ex just let her know. If you don;t want to know that she has a boyfriend and all, just let her know. You got to do what you are comfortable doing no matter what her real intentions can be.

Look you're asking a question you already know the answer to... she still cares about you but she realizes that she screwed up... she's tryin to make you feel bad for something that she did and that's losing somthing she already had... you know what. good for her... she's got her priorities straight...or so she says... sometimes it takes a good person to make a bad person see what's really going on... look at it like this... you've done a good deed by showing her what it takes to be a real woman... and if she has any dignity she will stop with all of her self rightous pride and tell you that... its up to you to decide where you take this situation from here... good luck

Source(s): Been there done that

you didn't say whether or not you want her to keep calling, but if you don't, just tell her you don't think its a good idea to be friends. some girls try to hold onto the good in past relationships by being friends with their ex's, but its not for everyone.

it seems she took you forgranted and took advantage of your niceness and financial situation.

just tell her no ... you guys aren't together anymore for a reason. she seems emotionally draining as a friend still. its not worth it. do what makes YOU happy.

Shes trying to say "Look at me now I'm stable and able to hold up a relationship and everythngs great".....the chances are everythings not great she's basically still in love with you and when her and this guy break up she hopes she stands a chance with you now that she's "changed".