Hopeful asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Teeth grinding on generic zoloft?

I just tarted taking Sertraline (zoloft) and I have been grinding my teeth...is this normal or should I be worried. Also, what other side effects should I expect?

• Gard23
    Favorite Answer

This is called bruxism, you may also be experiencing involuntary jaw clenching or yawning.

It is not caused by anxiety. It happened to the healthy volunteers in the trials too "It can be noted at this point, that company healthy volunteer work on the SSRI drugs demonstrates a consistent 50% rate of jaw dystonias and dyskinesias during early weeks of exposure" (Healy).

I've heard that some dentists can look in an individual's mouth and then ask which SSRI antidepressant is being taken.

It may, or may not remit - one to talk over with your doctor?

Source(s): http://www.cda.org/library/cda_member/pubs/journal... (oral movements & drugs, info on SSRIs included) http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/sertral_ad.htm (patient info, zoloft side-effects, teeth-grinding is on the list)

Zoloft Jaw Clenching

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Teeth grinding on generic zoloft?

Source(s): teeth grinding generic zoloft: https://shortly.im/YnbZy

What is the most important information I should know about sertraline?

You should not use sertraline if you also take pimozide, or if you are being treated with methylene blue injection.

Do not use sertraline if you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, and tranylcypromine.

Some young people have thoughts about suicide when first taking an antidepressant. Stay alert to changes in your mood or symptoms. Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor.

Do not give sertraline to anyone younger than 18 years old without the advice of a doctor. Sertraline is FDA-approved for children with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It is not approved for treating depression in children.

Huge Online Market --- http://zoloft3.out2.pw/437go

I know this is super old but I m having the same issue now I started Zoloft a week ago!

it's normal. it's called bruxism (i think... something like that anyway!!) and basically its an emotional thing. you grind your teeth because you are on tablets that suppress your moods etc and thats the way it manifests.

i did it when i was on lithium something shocking. if it bothers you or is starting to wreck your teeth then you can get a mouthguard or split made up for night. if you do it during the day then try sucking on something sugarfree or chew some sugarfree gum. do you have jols where you are? little hard lolly things? they were awesome. stick them at the back of your mouth and grind down on them instead.

• Teresa

7 years ago I've been involved in a car wreck and even since suffered with severe on and off facial and jaw pain. I've tried almost everything western medicine had to offer and had visited countless of specialist, had done ct scans, and therapies but to no avail. The doctors I have been to had persisted that there wasn't anything wrong with me and that almost drove me crazy as I was going through hell from this condition. According to all my symptoms I was diagnosed by a holistic doctor as having TMJ and he had recommended this book to me. After following the recommendation in the book for several weeks, it had changed my life. I got immediate relief after following the unique set of exercises in the book and after 2 weeks the jaw and face pain had completely gone. I only wish I would have ordered this program years ago. It would have saved me a lot of pain and anguish.

sexual side effects are the main problem with any anti-depressant. i am on lexapro and it's the best for side effects but the most expensive. it's about fifty bucks for a month supply. don't get off the meds! that is a normally a side effect of someone who just started taking the anti-depressants. you get the same feeling as if you are on drugs. keep taking it and side effects will go away in a week. sexual side effects will always be there but you can break through those, too.

• Pamela

sweat profusely night zoloft

Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

* seizure (convulsions);

* tremors, shivering, muscle stiffness or twitching;

* problems with balance or coordination; or

* agitation, confusion, sweating, fast heartbeat.

Source(s): I used to take Zoloft