Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

I am a Tater Farmer and need advice?

I want to go to a big city. Heard a lot about big city life. What do I wear?

• Jan
    Favorite Answer

Are you going to the French ( fry) Quarters? If so you can go with your Hush Puppy's, If you are on a shoestring,keep a eye out for those twice bakes, wear a chip on your shoulder,.When you go to buy some new clothing Hash over the price, Have fun. and don't be adding more tots to this world, unless you can give them a gravy life,

• Moe

Depends what you are going to do there.

Normally it's pretty casual. Just some Jeans, Khaki's even shorts depending on the weather. Tee shirt or casual shirt. would do. A pair of Tennis shoes or even flip-flops will do. I don't think you will be going to any High Flouting

meetings or restaurants so a suit need not be required. Maybe a nice sport coat and slacks at best with a nice pair of casual shoes. Need to know more of what your reason for coming is to attend concerts or theatre, parks or beaches. restaurants or fast food eatery's. A lite jacket may be required. You also don't state what big ciy. In the colder regions you will need a heavier coat or jacket. Have a nice trip enjoy the sites.

You can wear whatever you like.

I'd be more concerned about being cautious. The big city has a lot of nice people, but it also a lot of bad people. And some of the bad ones won't think twice about killing you for your money if they think you're a dumb hick who can be taken advantage of. So, if you've got your heart set of taking a look at big city life, please be careful.

In closing, let me share a true story with you. I saw it on cable TV. Can't remember the name of the show, but it was one of they many crime documentary shows that can be seen on cable TV.

It involved a farm family. Mom and the two daughters (in their teens) wanted to visit Florida. Dad decided to stay at the farm and take care of things there while mom and the daughters took an exciting trip. To make a long story short, mom and the daughters never made it back to the farm. When they arrived in Florida, the got lost and asked a man for directions back to their motel. The man gave them directions and offered to take them for a ride on his boat later that evening. They accepted. After he got them out to sea, he raped all three, tied them up, attached cinder blocks to them, and threw them overboard alive. They all drowned. Very sad story. I would really hate to have been the dad. How sad he must have been when he found out what happened to his family.

I'm sure you're wondering whether the criminal ever got caught by the police. Well, yes. It took a long time, but they eventually caught him. I can't remember whether he got life without possibility of parole, or the death penalty. But in my mind he sure deserved the death penalty.

So, I'm not saying that you should cancel your plans, but if you go, it might not be a bad idea to decide to travel with a friend rather than going alone. I realize it's not as dangerous for a man as it is for a woman, but it can still be dangerous. Especially if you're not street smart.

Whatever you decide, be careful, and good luck.

• Ruth

How they goin to keep you down on the farm after you see Par- eeeeee. (That is the words to an old song)

I was raised in Idaho potato country and live in Chicago now. I was never a country girl at heart.

Enjoy your trip. The first poster is right. Nice shirt and jeans are fine for the day and for evening if you are going to a nice restaurant or the theatre wear a suit.

Source(s): Never go anywhere there is not other people. You can find yourself in a rough neighborhood real fast.

I can't believe that you're asking us what to wear to the "big city." Since you have, what you wear will depend on what you plan on doing. Jeans are in & so are Dockers. the top you choose to wear will depend on the pants you wear. Casual shirts go with both types of pants. Many men wear casual/dressy clothing when they're not wearing jeans. If you have a clothing catalog, check out the various clothing combos.

Jeans are the thing to wear everywhere. I hope that you are not staying in the city long. You wouldn't like living there. I didn't. You can take the person out of the country but you can't take the country out of the person.

I lived in a city until I had enough money so I could move to the country. I would never move back, give it a try and see if you like it. I guess clean jeans and a sport shirt will do.

why whats wrong with the taters, have they got tater rot or something. you wont like it in the city when your used to the country life

Wear what you like if you choose London no one will notice. Mind you if they throw the odd coin in your direction..just smarten up a bit. If you visit Zimbabwe...carry a few taters in your back pack...you'll be considered rich.

• Milou

Every thing is very casual these days, just put clean bibs or jeans on, and watch for those big city folks.