Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

Another joke and some good advise...?

THIS IS REALLY FUNNY BUT TRUE!! I couldn't believe it!

STAR AND PASS THIS ALONG.

Sandy :O)

Cancel your credit card before you die..........(hilarious!)

Now some people are really stupid!!!! Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die.

This is so priceless, and so, so easy to see happening, customer service being what it is today.

A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00 when she died, but now somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank.

Here is the exchange :

Family Member : 'I am calling to tell you she died back in January.'

Citibank : 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member : 'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.'

Citibank : 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'

Family Member : So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

Citibank : 'Either report her account to frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!'

Fa mily Member : 'Do you think God will be mad at her?'

Citibank: 'Excuse me?'

Family Member : 'Did you just get what I was telling you - the part about her being dead?'

Citibank : 'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.'

Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member : 'I'm calling to tell you, she died back in January with a $0 balance.'

Citibank : 'The account was never closed and late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member : 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

Citibank : (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'

Family Member : 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info was given)

Citibank: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

Family Member : 'Sure.' (Fax number was given )

After they get the fax :

Citibank : 'Our system just isn't setup for death. I don't know what more I can do to help.'

Family Member : 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. She won't care.'

Citibank: 'Well, the late fees and charges do still apply.' (What is wrong with these people?!?)

Family Member : 'Would you like her new billing address?'

Citibank : 'That might help.'

Family Member : ' Odessa Memorial Cemetery , Highway 129, Plot Number 69.'

Citibank : 'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family Member : 'And what do you do with dead people on your planet???

It's a TRUE story but funny, none the less!

Favorite Answer

I've had this kind of problem with Rogers Communications.

I called up asked for costs on a Cable Modem and Basic Phone. The prices were reasonable, so I give them my information and set up an appointment for them to come and setup the modem. So the appointment goes by and no one shows, and I call to inquire. They inform me that they cannot supply Cable modems to my location. I point out how they might have mentioned that when I gave them my address. They at least activated my phone (I hadto use a Cell phone up to this point).

They then send me a bill 2 months later, for 2 months of cable modem, cost of cable modem and installation fee. I call and say to remove the charges, I don't have a cable modem. They tell me I will have to return the cable modem (the ones that doesn't exist) to get those charges removed. This is when I ask for the manager and explain the situation, and he says that they do in fact have cable modems available for my location. I tell them I don't care at this point because their service is so bad, I just want the charges removed and to be done with it.

They later call me, and ask if I want a better long distance savings plan, that it will only take 2 minutes. I'm hesitant but I digress, figuring it might save me money (I moved recently, and my family and friends are all long distance now), so they find me a plan that includes who I need for 7 cents a minute instead of 9 cents, and she asks me to hold while she makes the changes. I'm on hold for 10 minutes... she comes back and says she doesn't know how to make those changes (remember, they called me for this service), so she will transfer me to someone who can... they disconnect me, and no one calls back.

You just can't get good service these days.

• Donna

Clarification: In Mandarin, flower is "hua". What you're referencing to is some other form of Chinese dialect. Get your facts straight. This is pretty derogatory and not funny at all. I'm tempted to put something here that definitely requires viewer discretion.

Not surprising since the credit card company is citybank....

Sounds like a good joke!

Source(s): use to be a customer

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS HAPPENED... OH MYYY GODDDDD..... ANYWAY, I WOULD HAVE FOUND THAT CARD AND MAXED IT OUT!!! WHO WILL PAY?? NOT ME!!!!! HAHA, ANYWAY, GOOD TO KNOW.

**note to self: if on death bed, make sure all accounts are CLOSED immediately...

**one more thing: if the account was on $0, why would there be any late charges though??? was this a joke???

That is absolutely hilarious because I could just see myself in that exchange. GREAT....thanks and if I could give you two stars I would.

Hahaha! Thats hilarious! Stupid much?! :P:P

Star for you

xx

Haha!

That is a sad, true situation but oh so very funny!!!

LOL thats funny......either that grand ma was urs....or u worked at citybank

wow people in this world are stupid