Feeling tired/sleeping alway even after sleeping for hours?

some of my friends said that i sleep too much . i am still a student and somehow everytime i sleep i dream . on exam days are worse . example math test on thur i dream of math equation or solution on fri right after the test. i sleep ALOT but i always feel that my brain is not working . why?

i tried sleeping only a certain amount of time but it didnt work i just simply went back to sleep . i did try work out and even drink coffee to help me stay awake but then i felt back to bed. somehow whenever i wake up my feet is kinda weak and during exam i even miss out a words NOT causing the whole question wrong

Best Answer

You are sleeping, but your are not getting RESTFUL sleep.

Stress can keep you from reaching the deep, REM sleep.

Try to do some relaxing deep breathing exercises just before going to bed, listen to some relaxing music and turn off the computer and tv at least 30 minutes before going to bed.

These things can help reduce your stress levels.

It could also be your bed. If you toss and turn a lot in bed, your body is not relaxing enough and you are not getting complete restful sleep.

Maybe change the number of pillows you use - either less or more. Sometimes flipping or turning the mattress will also help.

Try different things and see if anything helps you to feel more refreshed in the morning.

Good Luck! =)

I always dream a lot when i eat to late. try not eating an hour an a half before going to bed. Also, sometimes when I sleep too much I wake up even more tired. so just take short naps and get a good sleep at night.

If you sleep over 8-9 hours, you will wake up feeling MORE tired, too much sleep is not a good thing.

Do you snore? Maybe you have sleep apnea, I use to all ways be sleepy specially when driving it was bad. I would go to sleep early and wake up feeling out of it and tiered . After I had a sleep study done on me I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.

dreaming is good. when you dream is when you are in your REM state and that is the sound state of sleep.you are just tired and stressed from school. i say the more sleep the better. you need to eat fish at least 3 times a week. yes, canned tuna and fish sticks count as fish. fish is brain food. you also need more B vitamins. take a Bcomplex.your B vitamins are good for the nervous system, brain functions and increase in energy levels. good luck, school can't last forever!!

Yes I do. Someone told it was because when we do sleep, we don't get the full oxygen as we do when we are awake. So it keeps you drowsy. The best way to feel less sleepy when waking is to exercise and eat high protein foods (leafys) before sleeping and after waking. Food is fuel

Source(s): A Friend

depression, usually if you feel too tired after sleeping a lot, it's because the body is reacting to stress, it's like eating too much, or so. any ways the best is to ask a professional.

You're friends are right, you are sleeping to much. Sleeping too much leaves people feeling lethargic. Alarm clocks are a good investment. Train yourself to only sleep an x amount of hours.

when you dream that means you are getting your REM sleep and thats when you get your most rest.

you're tired maybe because of your diet or staying up too late or sleeping too many hours.

stress or not eating properly. also if you're not getting good sleep, it won't do you any good. you can sleep for 8 whole hours and still feel awful the next day if it wasn't good sleep.