What do Mormons/LDS think causes mental illnesses?

I've been interested in the LDS church for a while, but as I suffer from mental illness I'm curious as to what mormons think causes it. I've been told by other churches that it was caused by the devil, evil spirits, unrepented sins and the sins of my parents. None of these sound right to me, so I wanted... show more I've been interested in the LDS church for a while, but as I suffer from mental illness I'm curious as to what mormons think causes it. I've been told by other churches that it was caused by the devil, evil spirits, unrepented sins and the sins of my parents. None of these sound right to me, so I wanted to get some people from LDS's opinion, as I feel very drawn to the LDS church but am worried I wouldn't be accepted.
Update: Those articles on mental illness are some of the most balanced and positive I have read. It is a truly excellent way to look at health issues. Thank you for showing me that!