hyhdnkmn asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 1 decade ago

A Moment to Celebrate Olympic Torch on the Highest Peak ?

Olympic flame summits world's highest peak

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gEtQD-yS0Xp4_si...

Politics aside, it is a moment to celebrate it, for the Tibetans to celebrate it as well, since they are among the mountaineers atop of the peak. Actually, about one third of China’s mountain climbing team were Tibetan Chinese when the team was first founded in 1960s. It was the Tibetan team members who among the first Chinese to summit the highest peak

What do you think ?

Favorite Answer

A Tibetan Woman named Cering Wangmo holds the torch:

The final torchbearer, a Tibetan woman named Cering Wangmo, stood silently on the peak with her torch while other team members unfurled small Chinese and Olympic flags. They then clustered together, cheering "We made it," and "Beijing welcomes you."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080508/ap_on_re_as/ol...

@ Hex Vision

"Sorry that was uncalled for.... Well done for them, it only make sense that there are so many Tibetans in the climbing team there used to such high levels from sea level. Those Sherpas (Nepal) and Tibetians are famous in the climbing and mountaineering community for their hardiness, expertise, and experience at high altitudes."

You finally get your vision checked ?

Just kidding. Well said. agree 100% on your 20/20.

I guess so. It shows that there are actually Tibetans who support the olympics. Time for people to know that only around 5% of Tibetans who were not slaves before the China annexed Tibet are against China in general.

What do I think you ask....

I rather spend that moment on the 100,000 + victims of the Myanmar cyclone.

Sorry that was uncalled for.... Well done for them, it only make sense that there are so many Tibetans in the climbing team there used to such high levels from sea level. Those Sherpas (Nepal) and Tibetians are famous in the climbing and mountaineering community for their hardiness, expertise, and experience at high altitudes.

@srbi m

Watch it or I'll set the penguin on you..........

HAHA only joking too....

whoo hoo China!

I think that I'm tired of hearing about it. I think that American's will get hurt at the Olympics this year and that we shouldn't go. That's what I think....