Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

英文翻譯問題,怎翻都不順...

In the spring , Huilin’s mother pulled me aside and asked , “ What exactly are you plans with my daughter ?”

今年春天,惠聆的母親拉我到邊問: “你和我的女兒有什麼確切的計畫” ?

As I had already discussed marriage with Huilin , my 24-year-old Taiwanese fiancée , Mrs. Chen’s tone didn’t fluster me.

當我和我24歲的台灣未婚妻,惠聆討論過結婚這件事,陳太太的口氣並沒有使我慌亂。

She was just worried that if I , a 29-year-old American graduate student , didn’t have serious marital intentions , her family would suffer a great loss of face.

她只是擔心,如果我,29歲的美國研究生,如果沒有強烈的結婚意圖,她的家人將蒙受極大的面子損失。

One point that infuriated her was my inability to find a meiren .

有一點我激怒了他是因為我找不到媒人。

I asked some friends about a meiren and learned that it’s a title given to the groom’s relative who goes to the prospective bride’s house to carry out all the touchy negotiations that go into planning a traditional Chinese wedding.

我問一些朋友,有關於媒人,以及學習給新郎的親戚去準新娘的房子去完成規劃中國的傳統婚禮所有棘手的協商。

Having a meiren is a little old-fashioned , but it can be useful.

有一個媒人是有點老式的,但它很有幫助。

As a third party , they help save face during the arguments that inevitably arise over issues like the dowry amount and how many “ marriage cakes ” to buy , which are sent to relatives and friends to announce the engagement.

當第三場聚會,在爭論的期間他們幫助挽回面子,無可避免地出現的問題一樣,嫁妝的總數,需要買多少喜餅,喜餅是發送給親人和朋友宣布訂婚。

One could easily spend $6,000 on these cakes alone .

僅這些喜餅就花了六千元

Determined to make the Chens proud to have a foreign son-in-law, I searched for a meiren.

決心使陳引以自豪有一個外國女婿,我尋找了一個媒人 。

3 Answers

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In the spring , Huilin’s mother pulled me aside and asked , “ What exactly are you plans with my daughter ?”

今年春天,惠聆的母親拉我到邊問: “你和我的女兒有什麼確切的計畫” ?

As I had already discussed marriage with Huilin , my 24-year-old Taiwanese fiance , Mrs. Chen’s tone didn’t fluster me.

由於我和我24歲的台灣未婚妻惠聆已經討論過結婚這

件事,因此陳太太的詢問口氣並沒有使我慌亂。

She was just worried that if I , a 29-year-old American graduate student , didn’t have serious marital intentions , her family would suffer a great loss of face.

她只是擔心,如果我這個29歲的美國研究生沒有認真的結婚意願的話,她的家人將會很沒有面子。

One point that infuriated her was my inability to find a meiren .

我激怒了她的其中一項是因為我找不到媒人。

I asked some friends about a meiren and learned that it’s a title given to the groom’s relative who goes to the prospective bride’s house to carry out all the touchy negotiations that go into planning a traditional Chinese wedding.

我向一些朋友詢問有關於媒人的角色,得知媒人一辭是指新郎親人的代表,其角色是去準新娘家協商規劃中國的傳統婚禮所有棘手的細節問題。

Having a meiren is a little old-fashioned , but it can be useful.

有一個媒人是有點老舊的傳統,但的確可以很有幫助。

As a third party , they help save face during the arguments that inevitably arise over issues like the dowry amount and how many “ marriage cakes ” to buy , which are sent to relatives and friends to announce the engagement.

做為第三者,在雙方交涉過程中,對於一些議題,例如嫁妝的總數,宣布訂婚需要買多少喜餅發送給親人和朋友,無可避免地出現歧見而有爭議時,他們可以幫助挽回面子,

One could easily spend $6,000 on these cakes alone .

光這些喜餅就可能會花費到六千元

Determined to make the Chens proud to have a foreign son-in-law, I searched for a meiren.

決心使陳家能為有一個外國女婿引以自豪,我找了一個媒人 。

2008-05-08 13:16:14 補充:

今年春天,惠聆的母親把我拉到一旁並問我: “你和我的女兒有什麼確切的計畫” ?

• 7 years ago

到下面的網址看看吧

▶▶http://qoozoo09260.pixnet.net/blog

• 1 decade ago

事實上您的英文幾乎每句都有一些怪

文法和時態

不好意思 最近很忙

有空我一定幫你

有需要可以跟我聯絡

提一下 有時候不能造字面直接去翻

因為有時英文文法和中文的順序是不同甚至相反ㄉ

然後第三人稱單數+s 複數不能加

加油!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.