megleg88 asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Why is psychology important?

im writting a paper for my general psychology class and i need some ideas on what to write. The topic of the paper is why psychology is important.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Psychology is important because:

It explain the mind and brain in the context of real life.

It studies about perception, cognition, emotion, personality, behaviour, and interpersonal relationships.

Psychology also attempts to understand the role these functions play in social behaviour and in social dynamics, while incorporating the underlying physiological and neurological processes into its conceptions of mental functioning..

The application of knowledge of Psychology to various spheres of human activity including issues related to daily life family, education, and work and the treatment of mental health problems.

• 4 years ago

Importance Of Psychology

• prime
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Why Is Psychology Important

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why is psychology important?

im writting a paper for my general psychology class and i need some ideas on what to write. The topic of the paper is why psychology is important.

Source(s): psychology important: https://tr.im/xf0m8
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axgrz

Led Zepplin would not have been Led Zepplin without Jimmy Page ! Let me give you a quick Psy 101 overview: Psychology is defined as: The science (study) of human behavior and cognitive (thinking) processes. Its goals are to: Describe, understand and predict human behaviors and cognitive processes. It goes further to say that the overall goal then is to influence or modify human behaviors and/or cognitive processes. Considering that we are the only living spieces that has self awareness (consciousness), and truly "thinks" it is simple logic to draw the conclusion that we study ourselves to better understand ourselves. This gives us the ability and knowledge to heal emotional pain, modify behaviors that lead to emotional pain and to grow/improve as a spieces. Psychology, in essence is the study of living. To say it is pointless is to say that life is pointless. Which I would hope you agree is an irrational statement. The point of living is to expereince life (enjoy experiences and cope with challenges), relate with other humans, grow as an individual (both in spirit and knowledge), and to contribute to the society/group we are a part of (human beings) as well as steward all other living things and our enviornment. To "know" the how and what of human expereince is part of the expereince itself. It wouldn't matter if we ever made "psychology" into a science or not. As conscious beings, the questions are just part of being alive. Whether your sister "believes" in psychology or not, she has a psychology, as she is human and alive. As you continue to learn about psychology it will become more clear as to why it exists. Heck, the fact that you even consider this philosophical point is psychology. I would encourage you to never give up the drive to know yourself and others better. Hope this helps

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

some philosophers call psychology the study of soul, because it makes you understand what did persons really are

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.