Why won't my 10 yo siberian husky play with my 1yo husky?

I have a 10 year old husky that we just got in Decemeber from a friend, he spent his life as an only dog, he always wanted to play and seemed to love other dogs so we decided to get another husky to keep him company and to play with, we got a 1yo male a little over 2 weeks ago. My older husky is the dominant 1, the... show more I have a 10 year old husky that we just got in Decemeber from a friend, he spent his life as an only dog, he always wanted to play and seemed to love other dogs so we decided to get another husky to keep him company and to play with, we got a 1yo male a little over 2 weeks ago. My older husky is the dominant 1, the younger wants to play all the time but the older hardly plays with him, he just runs him out of the room or chases him around to make him get away, they will occasionally nip and play but it seems the older 1 has less interest in playing with the dog and more in playing with me. Is it possible that he sees he can't keep up with younger and just doesn't want to deal with him?? I thought the younger 1 would occupy the older 1 and take less attention from me but now I have 2 dogs that both want my attention. I think the older 1 thinks he is invading his territory and the younger 1 is challenging him to be Alpha and thats why he doesn't want to play. Any suggestions?
12 answers 12