Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Homemade Pizza roll recipe?

Does anyone know how to make homemade pizza rolls?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1 sheet puff pastry

1 tablespoon pizza sauce or tomato paste

2 slices ham or salami

1 onion

1 cup cheese

1Preheat oven to 400 and line a cookie tray with grease proof paper.

2Grate cheese, dice onions and slice ham.

3Cover pastry with sauce, cheese, onions and ham.

4Roll pastry (like a swiss roll) and cut into 12 rolls.

5Place on tray.

6Cook 10-20 minutes.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I made this the other day for my family for the first time, and it was great. I just bought pre-made pizza dough from the supermarket, and also bought canned pizza sauce (to tell the truth, I used spaghetti sauce, because it was cheaper). Then I bought mozzarella cheese already shredded, and a pepperoni stick that i chopped into little squares, just like the ones inside of the pizza rolls. I also used mushrooms chopped up into squares for some of the rolls. I thawed out the pizza dough according to it's package and rolled out the pizza dough to a 1/4 of an inch, and cut it with a biscuit cutter into a circle. I loaded up one circle with a little of each topping, sometimes more if i liked it.. like the cheese. I put more of the toppings inside than I thought I should because the dough would expand when cooking. took another circle of dough, and placed it on top, and took a fork and used the tines to press the two sides together. Then I baked them according to the pizza dough instructions. They were delicious..I found though, it's easier to make them bigger, like empanada size. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

1/2 cup ricotta cheese

1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend

1/4 cup chopped black olives

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Flour, for dusting

1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent-shaped dinner rolls

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, olives, and Italian seasoning. On a floured surface, unroll crescent dough in 1 piece. Roll out to a 16 by 8-inch rectangle. Using a pizza cutter, slice into 8 (4 by 4-inch) squares. Place 2 tablespoons of filling on half of each square. Lightly moisten the edges with water, fold dough over, and seal, pressing with fork tines. Using the points of the fork, pierce vents into top of each calzone. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.

• 1 decade ago

Hope this helps

Pizxa Rolls

Ingredients:

4 cups (16 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese

1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained

2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, chopped

1 medium green pepper, finely chopped

1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped

1 medium onion, finely chopped

2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce

32 egg roll wrappers

Vegetable oil for frying

Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed, optional

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion. Stir in pizza sauce until combined. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.

In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pizza rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 32 rolls.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.