Amy E asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Would this hair style, cut and color, work for me?

I have naturaly curly hair and I straighten it everyday and I want to go lighter, would this look right on me or would it wash me out? By the way, I have very blue eyes....

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/hedwig8141/...

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/pho...

Favorite Answer

Hi I'm a hairdresser, i personally think your hair colour suits your skin tone well, although sayin this you could probably get away with some really nice toffee tones throughout. With you hair being naturally curly i would not recommend going to light with the colour as it is bound to look very dry with your hair type, as for that style i think you would suit it, it looks quite a messy style so if your hair isnt behaving perfectly that day it should still look fine, i would recomend however not to go too short with the length at back as you could have trouble styling....btw nice shades lol xx hope this helps

I think this cut is super cute! I also think the cut would look AMAZING on you. What I am not so sure of is doing an all over color change so drastic. Especially with your skin tone. What i reccomend is a heavy high-light with those golden tones and leaving some of your dark hair too. That would be hot! It will make your blue eyes totally pop.

I would go with a color a little less brassy. I think the brassy color in your picture would make your skin look either washed out or a little red. I think a light brown with blonde highlights would look really pretty. Here is an idea:

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/05/15/bob_h...

• Zo-Zo

Go for it, change is good.

I had gone from dark to blonde too and i have about the same complection as you. Summer is always a nice season to go lighter aswell. Just DONT use box dye, get it done profesionally! Box dye will make it go orange!

It might look good on you...I might put in a few face frame pieces around your face, though...and grow your hair out a tiny bit more...

The only thing with this style is that it might be difficult to reproduce everyday.

• abeita

shade: in keeping with danger upload greater highlights or upload particularly blonde information or get particularly distinctive length layers and upload an blonde underlayer decrease:get somewhat fringe like ashley tisdales and upload some layers yet do no longer take infrequently any length off.

Yes i think that hair cut would look perfect on you because blue eyes go with blonde hair and your face shape would go perfect with it.

I think it would look nice, but try a dye that only lasts for a day. See if you like it, and if you do then dye it permanintly.

:)

• miliy

i suggest to get ur hair a little longer then do this ya

I dont think it would look very good. I think it would be to blonde, sorry.