promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Physical Fitness personal question???

This is kind of hard to put in words, but heres it goes. its something that really erks me when I think about it. Im 18 years old and really into physical fitness, since I was 12 Ive been weight lifting, but up until about a year ago I never really focused on cardio or endurance training, my question is even though I never really focused on cardio and endurance can I still say " make up for it" and train really hard to have really good endurance and cardio fitness.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You have your entire life to train to get better at anything. Of course you can make up for it.

Get started now and equal out your skills.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Okay, now that you've seen the previous replies, allow me to bring you back into the real world.

The real question at hand is HOW IS YOUR CURRENT ENDURANCE LEVEL?

If you are weight training for bodybuilding, then you will HAVE TO perform at least 20 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week.

If you are weight training for powerlifting, then you should concentrate solely on weight training.

Cardio helps the blood flow faster and begins the fat burning process. Granted, building muscles burns fat 24/7, as well. But all and all, cardio gives you that "great start" before a hard bodybuilding/powerlifting workout or that "finishing touch" after the training, whichever the time you choose to perform it.

Source(s): Strength training since 1985.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is always time to get better at something when it comes to fitness. I am 23 and have never thought i would be good at cardio specifically running long distance and with only a couple months of training i can run 3 to 5 miles. Its still a little hard to get to that five mile mark but a few months ago i could only run ten minutes and wanted to stop. Whatever you put your mind to when it comes to physical fitness can be accomplished if your dedicated to really changing yourself.

• 1 decade ago

It's never too late to start working on your cardio fitness. I actually was in the same situation and didn't start my cardio fitness until I was a freshmen in college. As long as you keep up the weight, all the cardio will do is lean you down and make you look better!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi, of course you can! you are still very young, even at 30 it wouldn't be too late to start cardio. Most men reach their physical prime well into their 30's.

Source(s): fitness instructor
  • 1 decade ago

You can get good cardio endurance when you are 70 so I would say yes!

And good for you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes. you are very young & your body has not suffered any damage from the lack of cardio yet. so you will be fine & have better health the rest of your life for this decision-

• 1 decade ago

absolutely. just incorporate cardio with your weight lifting! =]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course...it will be even easier for you since you are into fitness.

Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well,sort of...start slowly..you will catch up later...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.