Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 decade ago

why do people have bumper stickers warning dire consequences for tail-gating in leeetle-bitty print?

Oh, now I get it. You guys are really smart. They said I'd get an answer here!

Favorite Answer

Beware of these signs, they are just trying to lure you into getting up real close to read their bumper stickers, when you do they will shoot you out of their back window for kicks.

Lmao, i love that! If God is Your Co-Pilot SWAP SEATS! 1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 Given Amateurs Built the Ark Professionals Built the Titanic Are you as close to Jesus as you are to my bumper? Aren't you glad your mother was Pro-Life? Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here Not All Who Wander Are Lost Oxymoron #43: Religious Tolerance HOMESCHOOLING The Safe Alternative Who would Jesus Bomb?

Honestly, I drive 80 mile round trip to work (yes, #%^&#&@)... Anyway, everybody and I mean everybody changes lanes without blinking, speeds and tailgates... It is in little print so the a$$ hugging the bumper can only read it...

With that said, we are all 1 MPH from manslaughter...

I heard those bumper stickers are made by prison inmates who have a short sight....

• Looney

It's actually a trap. When you pull closer to read it, they slam on the brakes causing you to hit them.

They then claim whiplash and then you're paying to put their kids through college...

Yeah, really. And it says "If you can read this you're too close." How devious can you get? A picture of Yosemite Sam with his guns drawn and BACK OFF writ large works for me.

• Acorn

Oh, it's all about "protesting too much." It's like "Oooo, don't get to close to my rear end," but then when you do, they secretly like it.

Not that I would know personally. I saw it on .... a Maurey Show.

If you are close enough to read it then you are too close and probably will rearend someone when they slam on their brakes and guess what that makes your insurance go up.

My favorite was my uncles "unless your a hemorrhoid..... get off my @ss"

OMG I can't believe i almost forgot this one you'll die laughing. lol "if your gonna be that close you better be pulling my hair". Oh god I laughed all the way home one day after seeing that one.

• I know, it's so annoying. I have to get RIGHT up on their bumpers to read them.