The official website of Jehovah's Witnesses is http://www.watchtower.org. What do you think of the articles?

Keep your answers frank but friendly.

Best Answer

Actually, Jehovah's Witnesses have several official websites, although the one cited in this question is certainly the largest and has the most information.. ..

The publications of Jehovah's Witnesses are remarkable for their reliance on God's Word the Bible as the only significant authority. Jehovah's Witnesses do not quote any modern "church elders" as authorities, but quote from early Christians and prophets as the best examples for Christian living.

Where are the bodies of the servants of God of long time ago,especially those that died before the time of Jesus ? They turned to dust jut like Genesis 3:19 says. In other words where was Adam before Jehovah created him ? He was non-existent of course. Jehovah created him from the dust. Likewise when he resurrects a person again he is going to re-create that person again but now with his personal identity. Daniel 12: 2 says And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches and to indefinitely lasting abhorrence. These prophecy is going to take place in the beginning of the 1000 year rule.At the end of the 1000 year rule when Satan is loosened for a short while a numerous amount of people living then on the earth will fail the last test and will be devoured by fire or be hurled into the ( symbolic) lake of fire which is the same, meaning that they will be destroyed forever. These will go into everlasting shame,like Judas Iscariot.Those who pass the test will go into everlasting life. Rev.20:7-9 The main point here is that those in the dust of the ground will be resurrected.

Www.watchtower.org

Honestly I don't go there much, but I do find the articles, simple, and quick to read. I love the online Bible feature.

I am a Christian, one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

EDIT

As for being "tightly controlled". It's a website. Aren't all Websites controlled?? Would you consider CBS.com, or eBay a good website if they weren't well "controlled".??

By no means do we believe that ONLY Witnesses aren't cruel, simply that becoming Christian, CAN often help.

EDIT again

I thought I'd take the time to answer this question I just found that was briefly open. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmMwN...

I personally don't think I've EVER used the Reasoning book to answer ANY queries on Y!A. As ANYONE who knows of it, and has actually seen it knows, it's simply a reference book, not a speech/cue card.

The article: Should Faith be Based on Reason, is an excellent article.

It touches on a lot of the reasons why; going by the atheists on this site, feel religious folk lack reason.

http://www.watchtower.org./e/20020401/article_01.h...

Why do I get the impression that u and sassi are one in the same? I hope this question wasn't a set up to spew hate.

To Sasi:

If you wish to aquire a Study Edition of the Watchtower, all you have to do is attend a Watchtower meeting. The conductor will ask if anyone needs a copy, and if you raise your hand, one will be brought to you. There's no secret.

Honestly, these conspiracy theories have no basis, and are getting a little ridiculous.

But to answer the question, I think the website is pretty cool. As a Bible student I think it is a fairly decent study aid and gives me an opportunity to ask more specific questions when I get the opportunity to speak with a witness. The front page article's I often find inspiring to be a better person in general, such as the cruelty article.

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I always try to read all the new articles.

Vot was there today- I love the one about why people do bad things when we are all capable of being compassionate, regardless of religious background.

Will Cruelty Ever End?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20070415/article_01.ht...

I enjoy the articles.

The one titled:

A Visit to a Chinese Pharmacy is interesting. There as been an increase in Chinese Herb and Medicine places here in the UK.

Also I really like the article:

What is God’s purpose for the earth?

Also the one:

Help for Battered Women.

The figures under the heading; Machismo—A Global Problem, are shocking. but a few pages on and under the heading; "Sometimes I Think I Am Dreaming!" there is a heart warming experience and happy ending.

They articles are weak at best