Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Shelby County Indiana Law Need Help?

I need to find the law for Shelby County Indiana (Fountaintown) for the noise ordinance.My neighbor has a dog that barks nonstop from very early in the morning until late at night.Which can be heard very clearly from my boys bedroom,my bedroom,living room and kitchen.I have dated videotape of this and also him letting his dog run unleashed.Been trying to find the law so I will know if I can get the police to help at all.Thanks

I have video tape of the dog barking and also him letting his dog run loose.I found the law its section 130.03

130.03 NOISE.

(A) It shall be unlawful for any person to make, continue, or cause to be made or continued any loud, unnecessary, or unusual noise which annoys, disturbs, injures, or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace, or safety of others within the city.

(5) Animals, birds. The keeping of any animal or bird which by causing frequent or long continued noise shall disturb the comfort or repose of any persons in the vicinity is prohibited.

• wizjp
    Favorite Answer

videotape of a dog barking is useless. Anyone can mess with the volume or dub a barking noise.

Check with zoning, and animal control; possibly the city atty's office; or just call the police next time

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://tr.im/8mL4l

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.