21. ( ) The fox wanted the cheese badly and thought _______ he could get it. (A. what B. how C. which D. why)
22. ( )I __________ Sam at the mall this morning. We haven’t seen each other for many months.
(A. bumped against B. bumped into C. jumped along D. jumped around)
23. ( )I need to make __________ my time this semester if I don’t want to fail any courses.
(A. used up B. use of C. used to D. using to)
24. ( )She __________ late this morning, and missed the bus. So she went to school on time.
(A. drove on B. work out C. woke up D. drove in)
25. ( )How many trees did they __________ so that they could build a log cabin in the countryside?
(A. cut down B. slice down C. chew up D. pull on)
26. ( )They came here __________ the morning of Sunday, January 25th.
(A. in B. of C. at D. on)
27. ( )Betty moved from the dormitory __________ the noise made by those naughty freshmen.
(A. because B. cause C. because of D. caused)
28. ( )You played the violin so __________ better than the pianist. She really needs some practice.
(A. very B. that C. as D. much)
29. ( )I couldn’t _____ my eyes _____ you. You looked so beautiful up there onstage.
(A. took…off B. put…off C. take…off D. take…on)
30. ( )It is __________ that shopping online costs less money and it helps people save time. Are you interested?
(A. says B. say C. saying D. said)