Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Did anyone even research about the person they plan on voting for?

Seriously,

I'll be 17 and a half when voting time comes around.

Which stinks so I don't have an opinion this November all I can do is say, if you people plan on voting do a little research on the person you plan on voting for, i don't care who, just know more then the obvious.

Don't just vote for Obama cause he's African American

Don't just vote for Hillary cause she's a woman

Don't just vote for McCain cause he was a POW

Make sure that the person you're voting will lead us into the right direction.

No, I do not want to hear who you're voting for. Just simply asking

Did YOU do your research?

No need to be rude.

To the rest of you, thanks!

Favorite Answer

Kudos to you...for a 17 yr. old you make a lot of sense. Maybe there is hope for the future of this country. (At least you're not saying: "I'm voting for ___________ because he/she is cool" like a couple of the responses I've seen tonight.)

Don't pay attention to those who are razzing you---they know you have "hit home" on their reasons for supporting their candidate.

all the in intensity however happens earlier the purely precise decision. as quickly as you're in that sales area, you won't be able to analyze anymore so of direction emotion will play the biggest function. that does no longer propose all the call is consistent with emotion. It purely means that in case you nonetheless are not helpful or desire a identifying ingredient, emotion frequently will become than ingredient.

• Rick

Not a lot to research when the only thing the leading Democratic candidate has going for him is a speech about change and the Republican stands for more of the same.

I'm checking 'em ALL out.

I like to think my vote is part of the prize and that prize being the majority vote and that it does count.

There's more I want to hear about and from all the candidates.

e.g. I would like McCain to CLEARLY show that he isn't racist toward Mexicans and Blacks and other ethnicities and that he won't set back race relations 50+ years.

Regardless of who eventually becomes President, I want them all, from the President on down to Alderman of your district to consider how to make it advantageous for manufacturers to INsource back to America and not continually outsource to countries that they can get cheap labor.

And re McCain specifically...I want to know his intention(s) toward Mexicans and immigration.

Yes.

McCain is NOT a big spender as most politicians are.

And he is NOT of the religious right!

People like to call McCain "Bush Lite" but that is very much not true considering Bush IS a big spender & IS of the religious right. Huckabee is "Bush Plus!"

I am SO glad Huckabee didn't win the primaries!

that is a great example of what i asked earlier. i am convinced that people should have to take a test in order to vote people are disregarding REAL politics and paying attention to who's black / white / man / woman / young / old. this is senceless. it's times like this i fear the movie Idiocracy will actually come true, and we will end up with a WWF champion as president or something

I did. But, I don't vote on who the media tells me to. I will support someone you probably haven't heard of. His name is Ron Paul, because he is the only candidate who obeys and defends the Constitution. He wants to get rid of the IRS so you can keep your moeny, get rid of the Fed, so they won't be devaulating and destroying our dollar. He wants to return the troops home, to defend the borders, and save more lives. He wants to return jobs that were sent away by our government, and he wants to reduce the government, so they won't have a lot of power, and only gives more power to "we the people". Take care. He is a strict constitutionalist, and has the ideals of our Founders. I hope you can check out his record here.

Yeah Ron Paul.

1. He actually speaks the truth. Unlike those other candidates who say what the public wants to hear, the "typical politicians" , this one actually informs us of our problems and provides logical solutions to how to solve them. Would a corrupted politician after money and power actually want an educated public?

2. He has a 20 year Conservative by the Constitution honest record to back him up. He has been voting for TWENTY YEARS to help the American people.

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.

He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

He has never voted to raise congressional pay.

He has never taken a government-paid junket.

He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.

He voted against regulating the Internet.

He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

3. He has made many accomplishments including passing the bill to abolish the Federal Reserve, our whole problem. He wants to abolish the IRS, the unconstitutional tax.

4. He is not paid or owned by any lobbyists in the government. He never took a dime and his records prove that. He voted against funding Iraq. That means he doesn't get money off the war. He is not a member of CFR, therefore not a money/power/control seeking globalist. He does not want power. Clinton, Obama, and McCain are all members of CFR. He is for people not for money or power.

5. He is constantly marginalized by the media. That proves that the media is dishonest and is doing something dishonest and Ron Paul speaks the truth that they don't want us to know. What he does is he educates the public of our problems which the media tries to not point out. He provides solutions that is great for the people and not good for the media's money or power. The media gets money off the war in Iraq. He is against everything the government is for and that is less liberty, more spending, more government, more control, more wars, and higher taxes.

6. Ron Paul raised more money in one day than any other candidate in the history of the United States. Ron Paul gets more donations from the army than any other current candidate running for president. Ron Paul is the most popular on the internet. Preserve Net Neutrality! Its where free speech and free information on the truth exists!

"Yes, more people should listen. A rarity, a man of principle, integrity and high values running for president, exactly what America needs in this day and age."

-John, West Virginia.

"We have allowed our nation to be over-taxes and over-regulated and over-run by beaurocrats. The founders would be ashamed of us from what we're putting up with.

As a matter of fact, if we look at every single problem we're facing today, its because of the lack of respect to the constitution." -Ron Paul

Ron Paul Cartoons

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PE77ooE5_Eo

Youtube thumbnail

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ArEoT_nYaZg

Youtube thumbnail

Ron Paul High tide

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-3MLTvYBQy0

Youtube thumbnail

Ron Paul: A New Hope

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

Youtube thumbnail

Ron Paul- Actual Republican

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZ_Z_XG0L2c

Youtube thumbnail

Ron Paul on Economy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XaxdUPNYj2s

Youtube thumbnail

Ron Paul is not dropping out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5cxJkvlSwZI

Youtube thumbnail

Yes, I most certainly did my research. Although if I had the choice of an African American woman who was a P.O.W. I would have voted for her without even thinking about it. ;-)

Yes I did. McCain was not my first choice. I preferred Tom Trancedo from Colorado and Rudy Gulianni before him. But considering the other two alternatives, McCain is far better than them.