Why would God want us to be confused?

I try to be a good Christian. I understand there are some things I must just accept on faith. However, it bothers me that there are so many questions that could easily be answered by science, without having to deny God, but Christianity would rather use stories that don't make sense than go with the... show more I try to be a good Christian. I understand there are some things I must just accept on faith. However, it bothers me that there are so many questions that could easily be answered by science, without having to deny God, but Christianity would rather use stories that don't make sense than go with the scientific answers.

Instead of conceding that the universe is likely billions of years old, many Christians want to argue that it is only 6,000 years old. When asked how that fits with scientific evidence to the contrary, they say that God created it to look old. Well, why? I mean, why confuse us? Why would He want to leave us with so many questions? Wouldn't it be more reasonable to assume that science is correct? That wouldn't say God didn't create the earth. It would just mean we were wrong in how long ago He did it. Why do so many people deny the answers that God provides through science, and insist on believing God just didn't want us to know? Which makes more sense to you? That God has equipped humans with the knowledge to use science as a way to find out answers to the questions we have, or that God just wants us all to stay confused?
Update: can notnots in: I trust in God. I trust that everything He did, He did for a reason. Now, He happened to make me a very curious person; somebody who is absolutely incapable of stopping until she's got the answer. He made me incredibly intelligent and passionate about things. I have a hard time believing... show more can notnots in: I trust in God. I trust that everything He did, He did for a reason. Now, He happened to make me a very curious person; somebody who is absolutely incapable of stopping until she's got the answer. He made me incredibly intelligent and passionate about things. I have a hard time believing that God would have made me who I am if He didn't intend me to seek answers. I cannot believe God would give me all this passion for learning and understanding if He only meant for me to sit still and say, "I don't have to know. I only have to trust." Sorry, that's not something I am capable of doing, and I believe God is okay with that.