Ballroom dancing?

what do you think of ballroom dancing. what is your favorite dance

Favorite Answer

I LOVE Ballroom dancing and have done it for several years now.

My favourite can vary from day to day - different mood - different dance! Today, I'd have to say my favourite smooth/standard dance is Quick Step - fun, playful, but classy and a bit old fashioned. My favourite Latin dance is Samba - a challenging but fun rhythm with lots of hip action and great moves.

Here are a couple clips, if you're so inclined:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCj5MuZ7384

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwSpZ4q1eEw

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): Ballroom dancer!!!

ballroom dancing is one of the best sports around in my opinion. It improves life, longing, ambition, fitness...absolutely everything! Coupled with the speed and agility of LAtin American, you've got an all round sport which doesn't force you to attend the gym - it tones and firms everything if body technique and steps are done right.

For me the Viennese waltz and the international Foxtrot are the two most beautiful ballrooms of all time. They are timeless - if Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers could dance it so gracefully...then anyone can.

Its a passion and a lifestyle. You other love love love it, or you simply dont... but 9 out of 10 times... you'll love it.

Source(s): Ballroom and Latin American Instructor

I adore dancing, especaily ballroom. it is a classy way of expressing yourself. i like the Latin dances a little bit better than the ballroom, but they all are so cool. each one tells a interesting story.

my personal favorite are the Rumba, Paso Doable, Tango, Cha Cha, Samba, Bolero, and Quickstep.

Love it. I used to do competitions. My favourite style is Latin American and favourite dances are Rumba and Samba. In the Standard section I like Foxtrot the best. In Australia we also have our own style called New Vogue which is sequence dancing based on the technique from the Standard dances. There are 15 different competition dances in New Vogue and my favourite is Carousel which is based on the Slow Foxtrot.

I think it's very entertaining to watch. As well as extremely difficult to master. I love to watch the Fox Trot. I really enjoy swing music and the movements are such a stamp of that era. It's very up-beat and flirtatious. Not to mention the lifts and impressive footwork.

If I had to go with a runner up - the Salsa. It's very sexy and alluring. It's energetic as well, but a different kind of energy is transmitted.

The stories told between the dancers are very intriguing. Sometimes it's a story of heartache and other times of passionate love.

Are you a fan?

Like most people who do it, I started out liking the Latin/rhythm dances more, but the longer I dance, the more I like Standard/smooth. Slowfox has become my favorite. The control needed to make it look easy and elegant is a real challenge.

i lovee it ....its soo fun and looks absolutely stunning

favorite dance at the moment is the quickstep :]

I LOVE it!!!!

My fav dances are the foxtrot, quickstep, cha cha

• alicia

I'm taking a class for it! I love it. I like Swing...

I think it's awesome!! I love the samba... it is very fun!!!