Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

anne asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how do you do a sumo lunge?

i'm trying to tone up my legs for bathing suits!

anddd i'm gonna run one day

then do squats, lunges, and bridges on another day.

but i hear a sumo lunge works better?

too bad i have no idea what it is, any help?

and if you have any other leg toning exercises you want to share i'm all ears :)

thanks!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it's kind of hard to explain, but you basically sit back like you're sitting on the toilet, hold for about a second, then stand up.

an amazing leg exercise that i use a lot to keep in shape for track is a wall sit. you find a nice wall, and lean against it while in a squat position. it's sort of like the sumo, but it's for a longer period of time. try holding it for a minute and doing that 2 times per day. it works WONDERS! *but make sure that you have your legs at a 90 degree angle, otherwise the workout will be much less.

something else that helps is running uphill. but after you do that, always walk down, because running downhill is bad for your knees.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.