How rude is it to change your rsvp to "no" 2 weeks before the wedding?

My friend's wedding is on May 24th, we got the invitations in January and rsvp'd that we were coming. Well my fiance waited until the last minute to ask off from work (he knew about this before he even started this job in March) and now they wont let him take off since there is some special event going on... show more My friend's wedding is on May 24th, we got the invitations in January and rsvp'd that we were coming. Well my fiance waited until the last minute to ask off from work (he knew about this before he even started this job in March) and now they wont let him take off since there is some special event going on that day. What makes things worse, he agreed to do the bridal party's hair the day of the wedding (he is a hair dresser) and now he will have to be at work instead. I'm pissed at him, he should have asked off way earlier. This is not too close a friend of ours, but I feel he is totally wrong for backing out last minute, especially since now she has to find someone else to do their hair last minute, and I will have to go alone, which kinda sucks. Am I wrong to be angry about this? I told him he needs to call her up himself and tell her he cant make it.
Update: I will still be going alone, she is more my friend than his