Why ALL of our presidential nominees suck?

McCain is anti government... by doing that you're implying that government sucks and should be off your back... ok that's fine but what will happen in Iraq, who's going to pay for the war huh? Who's going to regulate our food and water... our medicine... corporations sure as hell won't!

Obama... he just won't admit that he's a liberal. He may be supporting the right plans but he'll never admit that what this country needs is someone who will get rid of corrupt lobbyists and corrupt politicians who have been running this country ever since the down hill we had with Ronald Reagan...

Hillary... she's a liar who supports McCain over Obama. She said that McCain had more experience than Obama and by saying that she is implying that she believes mccain should become the better nominee for republicans. If McCain wins you might as well kiss your civil liberties good by!

All of our nominees right now suck. None are progressive enough or willing to change corporate corruption in our government

Update:

We need a president who will eliminate corporate corruption by lobbyists.

Someone who will urge to find a new alternative fuel before it's too late and we run out of oil and cause more damage to the environment.

Someone who will no longer allow for government to limit civil liberties and freedom that we as American People are entitled to...

Someone who will install social health care for everyone in this country.

Finally someone who will ban fox news and rush limbaugh and people of that sort who are ruining this country by spreading lies to honest american people.

Update 2:

Yeah i forgot to mention all news sources on TV are a load of crap... didn't mean to just say fox news...

I think people are entitled to know what's really happening and the truth, not some fake news or gossip news or anna nicole smith 24/7 after she died... seriously fine... she died... she's not the the president or anything...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The ruling elite want a "Yes man" (or yes woman) in office.

In other words, we will just get more of the same.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ron Paul.

The statesman of our times.

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.

He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

He has never voted to raise congressional pay.

He has never taken a government-paid junket.

He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.

He voted against regulating the Internet.

He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

By the way, he hasn't dropped out. He's still running. His movement is growing and will continue after this election whether he earns the nomination or not.

Our country's very future depends on his message making it to the mainstream.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What people from BOTH sides of the fence need to realize is that our republic... and our democracy... has been hijacked. A free press is critical to a strong democracy. We have neither a free press nor a strong democracy.

Over the last 25 years, the last 10-12 years in particular, our media has become consolidated into the hands of a few select individuals. 99% of our media is owned essentially by 5-7 people. REALLY.

Source: http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/04/47530.php

Almost all of our television and print media is now owned by huge conglomerate corporations who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. Companies like GE and Westinghouse who have a vested interest in WAR. Essentially, our media is owned by the same corporations that own nuclear technologies and make a large portion of their money from military contracts. So, other than the internet, which is the last bastion of free press in America, our media is filled with war propagandists.

A great documentary outlining the state-controlled government propaganda machine can be found here. It's called, "Orwell Rolls in his Grave"...

http://freedocumentaries.org/film.php?id=87

Unfortunately our government has become...

Of the corporation, by the corporation, for the corporation.

Not...

Of the people, by the people, for the people.

That is fascism. And that's where the U.S. is headed.

Fascism...

Some critics equate too much corporate power and influence with fascism. Often they cite a quote claimed to be from Mussolini: "Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power."

Mussolini isn't the only one to make this observation...

"The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism--ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power." - FDR

All 3 of these front-running candidates are "corporate sponsored", as happens in all of our presidential elections. They receive big money for their advertising campaigns from the huge multi-national corporaions that fight to get them elected. These corporations know that these particular candidates will vote in their favor.

People need to realize that we need to vote for candidates that will vote in OUR favor. The American taxpayers favor... not the corporations.

Don't be brain-washed by the media. If they tell you your candidate is leading in the polls in the media... vote for someone else! The media is shoving the wrong people down our throats. The media and Israel are the 2 biggest lobby groups in D.C. They control public opinion and who we elect to become our leaders.

Wake up people. Stop watching the tv. It's an Orwellian mind control device that's ruining our country.

As I mentioned earlier, the media is owned by 5-7 huge conglomerates. These same conglomerates are invloved in weapons manufacturing and energy production. So you have the politicians, the media, the banking elite, and the corporations all in bed together. But they aren't f*cking each other... they're f*cking us.

We don't have a real choice folks. They are all the same. The quicker you people realize that our democracy has been hijacked, the quicker we can do something to fix it.

I'm voting for Ron Paul, but I think we would do good as a nation to rally behind ANY candidate that has a proven track record of voting against the influence of special interest and lobbyists.

These Bush/Clinton dyansties have to end. We've got to stop electing the criminals into our highest offices. That means people will have to wake up and start paying more attention to the political process... but I fear they won't until they are forced to. Until it's essentially too late.

We need serious campaign finance reform and strict term limits. But in order to get that, it's gonna require educating the public to what's happening. People have to realize there is a problem first. Herein lies our greatest challenge.

• oleson
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I voted for Bob Barr in 2008 . in spite of the undeniable fact that , i'm in Texas and it did no longer truthfully matter . If i exchange into in a left wing nut state i could vote for Romney by way of fact it can be a closer race and we can't have the funds for to have a left wing extremist like Obama back . i think of we ought to constantly abolish the celebration gadget and make human beings think of as a replace of balloting " speedy %." sort .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree we don't have the best choices. McCain is head and shoulders above the two Dems. But as for Fox News, they are the best and the most Fair. You think CNN or MS NBC or the others are? IF so, please e mail me so I can sell you some Arizona Oceanfront property.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

we needed taht 8 years ago and look what happened.

we haven't had someone worth standing behind since the 80's, and it doesn't look like we will be getting one anytime soon.

How much worse can it get tough? bush hasn't been a gem, these 3 can't do much worse.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its kinda like that south park episode where they make fun at the nominees at their school election and theyre choice is between a turd sandwich and a giant douche :)

• 1 decade ago

I like Obama and I think McCain is a good guy with horrible on the job judgement, but Hillary...Hillary, I think you are dead on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Looks as if we are screwed for another four years.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lets just hope that this doesnt turn into eight years

• 1 decade ago

they suck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.