Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is the GOP in trouble?

Six weeks ago in a Red state another Muslim was elected and he was a Dem. (Obama is a Christian)

Is the GOP in big trouble and is this why the GOP is trying to start trouble in the DNC?

http://www.news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080506/pl_p...

Favorite Answer

Of course the GOP is feeling some massive pressure right now and I have no doubt that in the general election we will see a disgusting amount of underhanded "Rovian" tactics and ugly, backhanded smear campaigns. There was a time when I woud have seriously considered voting for McCain, and I can understand why as a political choice he is not distancing himself from President Bush despite his current unpopularity (after all, in hindsight, it seems that Gore would have stood a much better chance of winning 8 years ago if he had not attempted to distance himself so completely from then unpopular Pres. Clinton). The difference is that Clinton was unpopular for a overblown sex scandal that for most of us is ancient history, while Bush has involved our country in unpopular wars on three battlefronts, and counting, and turned Clinton's 2.5 trillion dollar budget surplus into the largest tax cut the weathy americans have ever seen. Now, with our country in its largest deficit ever, and facing a looming recesion I find it hard to believe that McCain is helping his candidacy or our country by vowing to continue Bush's grand blunders. One thing for sure is that I do not envy the next occupant of the Whitehouse who will have to clean up this mess!

What's wrong with a Muslim in office? If he won, he was probably the better candidate. I'm proud that a "Red State" that is too often painted as bigoted elected the best man for the job, despite his religion.

The GOP is not in trouble with McCain. The Dem's are in trouble with there two remaining options - that's why it's taking so long to narrow it down to one.

The Republicans are in trouble . The Democrats are in trouble . America is in trouble . How sad that this question should be asked because of fear of a persons religion .. A muslim got elected , do any of you remember a little thing called freedom of religion.

I accept as true with between the posters above.. If Rudy is elected this finished united states is in difficulty... For the 1st time I accept as true with the religious appropriate.... i could vote for all of us over Rudy, even a sock puppet... God i'm hoping he does not get the nom...

• Theo N

No, the potential of an Obama nomination has the GOP excited enough to wet their collective pants. Two months ago the republicans were expecting a landslide loss in Novemenber, but with the nomination of a moderate McCain and the extremely liberal Obama....the republicans have the chance to hold the white house.

Its not that it is trouble, it is that they are in a state of change, along with the Democratic party. No party can survive being stagnant and must reinvent itself, and in the process will have trouble. I'm sure people remember the roots of both parties and how they have changed.

• G-gal

I don't think the GOP is starting to start trouble for the DNC they have enough trouble of their own.

I had a dream the RNC put in telephone taps,fiber optic lines, secret cameras and surveillance machinery in at the DNC. It was really weird. But the wireless taping of American citizens being justified by them, makes you wonder.

If Obama wins, I do not think they will be in much trouble, at least not in winning the White House.

• Judy M

The GOP doesn't have to cause trouble for the Democrats. they are doing a wonderful job of that themselves.