Why eat tofu when you get out of jail in korea??

i've watched many korean movies and in a few of them when someone got out of jail there would be someone there to give them some tofu........is there some meaning behind this ? I didn't pay much attention to it but.......mabye it means nothing i dunno but i was curious.
Update: i KNOW two movies for sure i saw this in was Sympathy for lady vengance there was a church group there that gave her a block of tofu and the movie Chingu the guy's father gave him a block of tofu when he was released from prison. both plain blocks of tofu on a plate. I found it weird cause most people... show more i KNOW two movies for sure i saw this in was Sympathy for lady vengance there was a church group there that gave her a block of tofu and the movie Chingu the guy's father gave him a block of tofu when he was released from prison. both plain blocks of tofu on a plate. I found it weird cause most people don't eat tofu like that.