HELP!! My Lease is ending, but I forgot to give 30-Day-Notice to my landlord ?

Urgent!! I am in California, and my yearly lease will(not month-to-month) expire at the end of this month. I have originally decided to stay for another year so I didn't turn in my 30-day-notice. But now I change my mind and want to move out, should I give a 30-day-notice now anyway?? Would everything be okay... show more Urgent!! I am in California, and my yearly lease will(not month-to-month) expire at the end of this month. I have originally decided to stay for another year so I didn't turn in my 30-day-notice. But now I change my mind and want to move out, should I give a 30-day-notice now anyway?? Would everything be okay if I or the landlord can find a new tenant to take over next month??

If I give my landlord a 30-day-notice, can he refuse to accept it? If I leave at the end of month anyway, will I be responsible for the rent for next month?? Or will he just take away my deposit and I will have nothing to do with him after?

Btw, he charges me over the lawful rent ceiling, and he never do the maintenance (admitted I didn't press him hard enough to do it, though)....How can I use these two things to count against him if he's being an a$$??

Thanks so much!!!!!