What kind of snake would chase a person from 50 yards away and was standing 4feet tall while flying toward me?

I was in my backyard in Homosassa Florida and heard scuffling leaves in the greenbelt behind my house. About 50 yards from me was a snake STANDING at least 4 feet tall racing toward me at a high speed, I took off running as fast as I can to the front of my house as it was gaining on me and the whole time it was... show more I was in my backyard in Homosassa Florida and heard scuffling leaves in the greenbelt behind my house. About 50 yards from me was a snake STANDING at least 4 feet tall racing toward me at a high speed, I took off running as fast as I can to the front of my house as it was gaining on me and the whole time it was moving high up off the ground at least 4 feet. I could not make out the color other than it appeared dark. I ran in my front door and was blown away that a snake of all things would chase a 6'01 200 pound man that was never in or on its territory!? Any clues as to what kind of snake this was. For those that do not know the city its about 50 miles north of Tampa, Florida.
Update: I see there are some skeptics. I am 49 years of age, was not drinking and DO NOT do drugs and a regular married guy with kids. This was very real and one of the scariest things I have encountered in my life. I am not here to waste my time or yours, just looking for answers for the safety of my family. For what its... show more I see there are some skeptics. I am 49 years of age, was not drinking and DO NOT do drugs and a regular married guy with kids. This was very real and one of the scariest things I have encountered in my life. I am not here to waste my time or yours, just looking for answers for the safety of my family. For what its worth "I sware to g_d my experience is exactly as described" Thanks for all the sincere replies.
Update 2: I did not start to run until I was certain it was coming for me about 15 yards away.