What is your Defination of ?

..Love...

I understand there are many kinds but I have a defination perhaps others wont agree...Love is: How the person makes you feel . How about you?

sorry for errors!

Best Answer

Well, I have found the definition has changed over the course of my life. When I met my wife, she was 15 and I was 17. Couldn't get that tiny little gal outta my mind. We got married ( after all the usual drama back then with break-ups etc) in 1974.

We've had our ups and downs but now I believe this to be the best time in my life and the meaning of love has changed. I still desire her but just fixing each other dinner is nice and (heaven forbid) doing some vacuuming and other chores she would normally do.

Somewhere along the line it got past the red-hot mating heat thing and got more profound and means more. Maybe I am just lucky( that she kept me, being I have been an ****** at times). We've got a history that cant be re-called, with good, bad, family deaths, and all the other things that make a couple a couple.

Oh, I still pizz her off but don't try to do it and she still bugs me sometimes, but overall, life with her is pretty grand and I don't know what I will do if she goes before me. ( Kinda selfish wanting to go before her though, since she has to deal with all the problems that brings on)

• Peapie

These are all great answers so here goes...to me the love for a child is completely unconditional and unexplainable. Love is not just a noun but a verb. It is an action you decide to make. You decide to love or not love. That is why a man and a woman make a commitment because it takes hard work to keep that love alive as there are so many temptations out there, other people, money, things. etc. So you commit to love them no matter what. Steven Covey once said that a man came to him at a conference and said I just don't feel any love for my wife. Covey said go home and love your wife. The guy repeated what he had said and Covey said Love is an action, go home and choose to love your wife. Makes more and more sense to me the older I get!

Love is how the person treats you. We can love...but love never means to tolerate any bad behavior that is hurting you in anyway. It is so easy to say I love you...much harder showing it. Many peole think love is just a bed of roses...love is like a business...or a garden..takes work..patience..and it is a partnership in many many ways..no one in a real love relationship should be belittled or made to feel not as a equal to their partner. Love is work no matter how you look at it..left unattended...like your work or garden it will run amok...and be a big mess...that weeding out may not help. There is to me no such thing as any person really responsible for my happiness...all I can ask for is that the person will be happy wirh me and together we would have happy times...but 1st I must make me happy...how else can I share with another..or expect that person to make me happy....that will not happen...I will for sure be let down.

As we love ourselves for who we are...the more love we will get in return...it is not a faity tale world..we all believe that..then we get hit with the reality...love can be pleasure or painful..if painful leave it is not good...love should not ever hurt you inside your soul or demean you in anyway.

Seems to me...rel love starts with a great friendship and real lovers...stay best friends! Which means yes we accept that person flaws and all...but not flaws that are harmful to us...that would be foolish...where would the love really be then? Love can be a habit..oh I love him or her...why? Because it has been many years...ask yourself deep down and do not lie to yourself....if the person you love is hurting you, that is not love! I know I have been there...18 yrs with a man I realized I could not love...I did not even like him and he was mentally abusive...how did I call that love!!!!???? I will never know..but the day I looked in the mirror and disliked myself for living this lie, was the day I left!!!

Sorry so long...but what a topic!

Source(s): Learned to love me.

I have always believed that Love is unlimited and unfettered acceptance of another person. The parameters of this are different when the relationship is between a mother and her child and that is something unbelievably special. Love as it is defined in other relationships has vast differences. Husband and wife when joined together in Holy Matrimony is also a love that is, or should be, extremely special. If your marriage vows are not second only to your commitment to God then your marriage is only an earthly relationship with very shallow meaning in comparison and has little purpose. Love for family and friends is your offering to God and the love of your family and friends for you are Gods blessings. No greater love is there than Gods love for you and yours for him. The world gives a very, very broad definition of love and that broad definition greatly confuses the meaning of love. Physical attraction has little if any meaning related to love.

Source(s): Texan
  • Ju ju

Yours is a good definition because the other person is selfless enough to put your happiness first. I'd add: "how the other person makes you feel about yourself" Do they increase your peace and self worth?

That's "Agape" love

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing. Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Does not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Love never fails: I Corinthians 13

This is the best definition I've heard.

love ya, Juju

• 7

When I was young I had all these idealistic ideas about that too. But what I learned along life's bumpy road is that when the money runs out so do they. Things run fine only as long as she is getting what she wants. So, I'm sorry to have to say this but by experience.... it's money and material greeds. Sad sad thing. Good luck and best wishes.

I'm a little leery about your definition of love because unfortunatly I have had feelings that I thought was love (when I was younger) and it was more like lust! So I think love takes time to develop and goes through different stages, from friendship to respect and back to friendship again. Does that make sense?

Love is what I feel for the person. I like how I feel when I am loved: secure, cared for, feel special and happy.

No person can make me this way. I choose to feel this way.

It bothered me very much when, dating in my late teens and early twenties, a couple boyfriends put the responsibility on ME to make them happy. They would say - 'I am miserable when we are apart, I hate it. I want to see you more and talk to you on the phone more'.....OH MAN GIVE ME A BREAK. It was like having a ton of bricks on my shoulders....My husband was very nearly the same way.

.....don't mean to ramble.

Blessings,

K

Love is the commitment you have to another person, as shown by your actions. It's not possible to feel love for someone all the time, but it's very possible to act with love all the time.

Love is long suffering,kind,does not get puffed up,does not brag,does not get Jealous.

Love is a perfect bond of union, it does not look just for it's own interest but also that of it's mate.

Love is also forgiving and does not keep account of the injury.

Source(s): Love is showing respect for each other. Love is is not just a word, but it is a persons conduct (action) toward ones mate. Each one will consider each other's view's and show respect for their differences. Love does not hold a grudge. That is why both have to keep the doors open for comunnicaton at all times. If one uses abusive speech and expects that the other should always do for them, then the doors of commuincation is closed and one sided. So a loving husband will honor his wife and show respect for her feelings, emotional and spiritual. Likewise the wife will respect her husband cause he is head over her, like wise she should also honor him by her conduct. Also the husband gives her honor by loving her as himself. For the two are now one.