What reasons would you have to not want to accept someone into your group...?

if they never hurt anyone and always treat people the way they want to be treated? i am in college and i have a few friends who are part of this larger group and i am currently trying to make more friends in that group and be a part of it, but there are 2 guys who really seem to not want me hanging around, one... show more if they never hurt anyone and always treat people the way they want to be treated?

i am in college and i have a few friends who are part of this larger group and i am currently trying to make more friends in that group and be a part of it, but there are 2 guys who really seem to not want me hanging around, one of whom REALLY tries to be mean and embarass me sometimes. and it seems to be having an effect on the way the rest of them see me.

think realistically. if YOU were in a group and someone was trying to get into your group and be friends with you and they were a good person, what other things could drive YOU to make a concious effort to exclude them and force them out of your group?