Is there any way to get a one day free membership for stores like Costco & Sams Club?

How can I get it? Do I have to pre order it, or can I find a coupon for it somewhere? Or do I have to go straight to customer service?

• naekuo
    Favorite Answer

Sam's Club giving away memberships-with a purchase

NEW YORK (Reuters) - For a limited time this month, Wal-Mart Stores Inc's Sam's Club division is giving a free annual membership to customers who purchase one of a dozen select items in its warehouse clubs.

Sam's Club also said that from May 18 through May 31 it will give current members a $40 gift card if they buy one of the items, which include BF Goodrich Tires, a Brighton patio dining set, Serta mattresses, a Samsung LCD television and a Blu Ray home theater system.

Source(s): Currently, I don't think they got any day trial for Sam's any more; you can call Sam's at 1-888-746-7726 to varify. For Costco, it is the same. Costco.com Member Service: 800-955-2292

I wouldnt reccomend it. but you can always go and see for yourself. Costco will allow you to go in to the store, sign up for a membership, go look around the store, and immediately get a refund for the membership if you so please. They do this because they are no longer allowed to let people look around without having a membership, which is really dumb. I know this, because my husband and I did it, and honestly we were not impressed with the prices there AT ALL. We immediately got a refund for our membership, and we will not go back. If you are trying to shop on a tight budget, your best bet is to look online at the flyers for oyur local grocery stores. You can stock up on something when it is on sale, and it's a far better way of shopping. Even think about investing in a deep freezer if you don't have one. You can get an apartment size one, for relatively cheap, and it will pay for itself within a couple months. That's what we have, and whenever meats go on sale, we stock up, and it has saved us SO much money. Also, i don't know where you are located, but if it's in canada, we have a store called the Great Canadian Wholesale, and it's like costco, but no membership required. It'd not 'bulk' items like costco, where they are packed in bundles, but it's the type of store where the more you buy, the cheaper they are per item. So that's another thought, if you're canadian. =)