do stomach tattoos hurt?

i'm getting a tattoo that is about 3 inches long on my lower left stomach. not on the bone, on the flesh.

on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most hurtful, how much did it hurt?

i know everyone reacts different and has different pain thresholds or whatever, but i just want opinions.

thanks!

im not scared. if anyhting im excited. i just over analyze alot of things and tend to prepare myself for what im in for.

i'm getting a lighthouse on a cliff with a wave crashing into it with a ribbon that says grams

Favorite Answer

my tat guy tried talking me out of it, and said he'd do it after hours when nobody else was around so nobody had to hear me

i think it was all psychology to make me expect the worst, cause it wasn't at all bad. about the same as getting the side of my neck done

• aashis

Tattoos On Stomach

• ?

Tummy Tattoos

It shouldn't hurt very much at all, I would say a 2 or a 3. They begin to hurt when you go over bone or on the top of your feet since there are so many nerve ending there. The top of my foot is the only one that I would say "hurt" . On the flesh, there really isn't anything I would call pain. Thats a good place to get your first one, watch out....you will be back for more!

• ?

Tattoo Gallery, Lettering, Photos & More

It is supposed to be one of the most painful places to get a tattoo. If it is what you really want then it would be worth it though. As a woman though you should remember that you are likely to, at some point, to want to get pregnant. During the pregnancy the skin of your stomach stretches and it can cause the tattoo to become misshapen, patchy and unsightly, and this change may not correct itself after giving birth.

Tattoo's on the fat part of your body is better then the bone so you should feel about a 4 or 5, but after the outline you won't feel anything (well at least I didn't).

Every tattoo hurts. It's a needle going into your skin at high speed. Over & over again...

However, it is bearable.

• 5 years agoReport

That's not true whatsoever I have two of them my first one I didn't feel anything but my second one was a bit painful the more needles there are the less pain if there's less needles than yeah it might hurt worse

about 5?

my foot hurt more.

i think it depends on the person though. whilst i was getting my stomach done [about 2 hours of work], it even tickled at times. odd...

good luck! what are you getting?

to me it was about 8. being from hawaii, i got the hawaiian islands on my upper stomach right next to my rib cage. it was fricken soar as hell, im not gonna lie to you. but it was worth it =)