promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesPhoenix · 1 decade ago

Is it true that APS is more expensive than SRP? Does anybody know this to be a fact?

I am moving from Phoenix to Maricopa and currently have SRP but all Maricopa has is APS...at least to the area I am moving to.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

APS is higher than SRP, APS is always raising rates. They also have more service interruptions that SRP.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Yes it's true. I lived in two apartment with in the past 5 years and the first one was a 500 square foot apartment and APS was the provider and the bill every month was inane especially during the summer, I'm talking about $150 in the summer and $80 all the other time, this is the electric bill for a 500sq.ft. apartment, that's dumb. We moved into a 1000sq.ft. apartment and now SRP is our provider and we pay $60 all the other time and $150 for the summer. I know the summer rates were the same but the sizes of the apartments were so different we're talking about a 500sq.ft. to a 1000sq.ft. Also APS is always hiking their rates up, they do the rate hikes about 3-5 times a year and I know that because my dad has APS and is always complaining about them.

• 5 years ago

I live in Arizona . . . just paid my utility bill with APS for one month. I live in a small 2 bedroom house . . . it was $229 . . . it will be more this summer when the air conditioner runs all summer . . . this seems outrageous to me. I do not run a furnace in winter . . so this bill, for this month, was with no heat or air conditioner running. Wow, I can't believe how expensive this is . . we are being taken!!!

• 4 years ago

APS has to be investaged for fraud this is crazy i never seen a bill higher then a $100 in a 3 bedroom 1600sqft house, now i see a $180 in a 700sqft 2 bedroom apt. Wtf people?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't know it for a fact but supposedly APS costs slightly more then SRP.

• 1 decade ago

Don't know about the cost difference, but I can tell you that APS has the worst customer service.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.