what good is reading books if it wont make you rich?

the libs always act as if they are so smart and they brag about there college degrees adn stuff. its funny becase some of them make less than $30,000 a year. i dont have a degree and i dont crack open a book unless i realy have to but i now have my own busness! im now a weight lifter and people pay me to build there bodys! whos more succesful? a poor person with a degree that likes to read books or a person that dont read much and has his own busnes?

• kejjer
    Favorite Answer

Reading books for financial gain is not a straight 1 for 1 deal.

If that were true would be one of the most underpaid people in the world.

still some books have helped immensely short term and others greatly long term--

Your a body building --GREAT! but what happens if you get injured or some horrible disease that limits you physically.

So --books are not your thing--and your successful--but it helps to be well rounded in at least the major areas of study --just in case you end up not able to lift weights any longer--

Reading worthwhile Books provide a foundation--not a direct pathway to success--whether that pathway is financial, educational or spiritual.

Remember--everything you do is built upon something you learned in the past--books offer insight into things that you may not have experienced directly but someone else has.--It's up to you if read the right thing or not!

Source(s): That thing on my shoulders

If all that matters to you is money, then whatever...why bother to educate yourself and read anything, right? Reading books is good because it gives you a broader perspective and widens your horizons. It can make you sound more intelligent when you come onto Y!A as you will be armed with more information. Of course it can bring income. Just because your mind is lazy doesn't mean it's not worthwhile. You should try working out your mind as well as your body. Like the ancient Greek belief in the well rounded individual. Sound mind AND body.

I'm reading the book OVER THE CLIFF by YUGO FIRST and have just finished reading these: Broken Window by Arthur Brick **** in the road by G G Dunnit Pain in the **** by Eileen Dover. Indian Dance by Tommy Hawk. Two Scottish gays Boys by Ben Dune and Phil McCrevis!

Reading books can make you more intelligent, depending on the books.

Intelligence can make you more wealthy, depending on how you use it.

Being rich can mean you're successful, depending on what you do with the wealth and how you live the rest of your life.

Source(s): 3 college degrees ;-)
  • Phil M

Success, at least to me, is being proud of who you are, what you stand for and the actions you take in life.

If you meet those three criteria, then in my book you are successful.

If you need money to feel success, then you need money to feel success.

I've met just as many miserable rich people as I have happy poor people. Its all about how you deal with life.

I know... right... reading is for losers! I don't even know how to read... I just rest my eyes and I just get a child to read your questions and give him candy and then I tell him to type my answer to your questions.... What a loser that kid is! The candy I give him is already old.... what a moron. I like lifting weights too! Man, we have a lot in common! I make money too and tell people that they are liberals too!!!!!!! We must be brothers!!!!!

Think about how much I save on my lack of eye strain!!!

(The kid is wondering what in the hell that this has to with politics and wonders if your beef with phantom "liberals" is unhealthy.... but screw him, the reading liberal!"

Doers and dreamers. I used to read a great deal, but I've burned out on it. Going online is light reading and a little more entertaining. If you've got too much time to read, then you're not working too hard. It's all about what you do with your time.

Good for you..You hit the nail right on the head.

Some people have the desire and want to be and they are not afraid to step up and put their name on the line to start a business and work hard doing it. If they need a position filled that requires a college degree, they hire them and if they don't get the job done they fire'em.

How about an affliuent man who likes to read books and learn rather than be a dummy.

Reading books makes you more intelligent, and depending on how ambitious you are, if you try your best and are intelligent, you can go to a better college and therefore, be more likely to get a better-paying job.