Difference in tulle & organza?

Instead of payng $250 to rent organza overlays for my reception, I want to make table runners. I can buy either tulle or organza in bulk...the sparkle tulle is $35 cheaper...is there a significant difference in the quality of the fabric?

Best Answer

Tulle will not make a nice table runner, point blank. The texture is rough, it will add little to no color since it is so fine of a thread. Tulle is like mesh, kind of like mosquito netting, which is why whenever you see it being used it is bunched together to be seen. Also, ask a bridal seamstress and she will tell you how hard it is to sew tulle! If you've ever sewn lace, this is 10x's worse due to the weave of the threads and the space in between.

Granted the organza may be more expensive, but when you factor in the amount of tulle you will need to make it seen (but it'll be sooo bulky on your table and not elegant at all), it's not that much of a bargain after all.

Spend the extra and get the organza, you'll be much more pleased with the outcome.

• shults

Organza Vs Tulle

• Amy B

The texture/body of the fabric is very different between tulle and organza.

Even the finest quality tulle has a stiffness to it that will make it poofy. Organza is a much softer/limper (for lack of a better word) fabric. Without wire or anything, it will not poof.

It's a matter of personal taste which you prefer. Personally, I'm not a big fan of tulle. I find it to be a rough fabric and not one I would enjoy resting my arms on at a dinner table.

There is a significant difference. Tulle is made like netting, but it's a real fine net. Organza is more like a sheer fabric. I personally am doing the Tulle side, and I think they'll look just fine. Good luck and best wishes!

Source(s): ~* b2b 6/14/08 *~

Both Tulle and organza are fine fabric. Tulle's price is little cheaper.

Soft tulle which is selling for wedding decoration and tutu. Most of time in fabric industry we call shimmering tulle for organza bolt or spool. Check this site http://www.idearibbon.com for more information.

Organza , or sheer organza, is fine fabric, but more density and shinning. So, if same volume organza will be much heavier as more fabric cost.

check here for detail ,http://www.idearibbon.com/tulle.html

tulle has little holes in the fabric.

organza is a smooth material.

if your wanting to use an overlay use the organza. the tulle will cause the tables to have a weird texture to it.