does whether or not i get pregnant change if the situation was rape?

before i thought i was pregnant everyone said i was raped, now that i think im pregnant everyone says its my own fault and i deserve whatever i get. this is very confusing for me. so, does whether or not i got pregnant from it change if it was rape?

someone please help me, im confused

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through, and my prayers are with you.

As for whether or not anything changes, no. If you were raped, it was still rape, even if it caused a pregnancy. Only an insensitive @ss would say that it is your fault that you got pregnant when you were raped.

Have you spoken to a rape crisis center in your area? The hospital that did the rape kit, or the police who took the report should be able to direct you to somewhere. If you did not report the man who raped you, you should still be able to call your local police or hospital or House of Ruth to seek help.

Source(s): I'm a social worker, and while it isn't my primary clientel, I have worked with rape victims in the past.

If you said no even just one time it is rape. And just because you got pregnant or had an orgasm doesn't change that. If a man stuck his penis inside you with out your consent it is rape. I used to be in the military with a woman who got pregnant from being raped and the man who raped her is serving some serious time. You have 5 years from the date the crime happened to report it. Rape has a statute of limitations if you wait longer than 5 years nothing can be legally done.

ABSOLUTLY NOT!!!! Rape is Rape, It doesn't matter if you become pregnant because of it. Someone entered your body without permission and that person deserves to rot in HELL for all of eternity.

Don't worry about what other ppl say, what really matters is what you want to do with the child.

Most rape victims opt for abortion or adoption, but a handful here and there opt to keep the baby.

This is some thing you need to decide for your self. DON'T LET ANYONE MAKE YOUR DECISION FOR YOU!!!

• Wait, were you raped? Did you tell him no? Then no..that chances nothing! It was not your fault that happened to you, someone did that to you without you saying it was ok. That is rape! Just because you get pregnant doesn't change ANYTHING!

I'm very sorry this has happened to you. If you miss your period take a test, and please talk to a councelor about the rape. Good luck!

No, if you were raped you were raped. If you are pregnant as a result of the rape that is very sad. Rape is NEVER the womans fault. You should go and talk to a counselor

if you get pregnant from being rape it doesn't change the fact that you were still raped. if the sex was something you didn't want than it's rape no matter if a pregnancy come from it. whoever is telling you that its your fault is wrong and is not someone you should listen to. i'm sorry for what happen to you and you should know that know matter what it's not your fault.

I don't see why anyone would change their opinion about whether you were raped merely because you became pregnant from it. It is not relevant to whether or not you were raped. The only thing that matters is whether the other person had sex with you when you did not give your consent.

rape is rape, i know, but instead of getting pregnant i lost a baby. you are not to blame, it was not your choice, you did nothing to encourage an attack of your person, you are strong enough to survive being physically attacked - now you must survive the attack on your reputation. find out if you are pregnant, that is when the really hard part will start, will you have the baby, will you keep the baby, and so many more questions - especially if you know the father (believe it or not he will have parentaly rights even in the case of rape).

It doesn't matter - rape is rape, whether or not you became pregnant as a result. A female doesn't need to ejaculate in order to conceive, only a man does! This is not your fault!

to be raped is a very serious issue..and yes u can get pregnant by getting raped (forced to have sex without your consent)! if u got raped and fell pregnant it doesnt change the fact that you got raped...u got raped and you should tell the police or someone u can really trust. dont care what other people think.you have to tell someone.