Can I be held liable for reporting an illegal alien to Immigration?

I want to know if I can be held liable if I reported a family of illegal aliens to ICE. I reported my ex-girlfriends family to ICE, I know that they are all here in the U.S. Illegally and that they are working "under the table" as well as using false SS#'s. I felt it was my moral obligation as an... show more I want to know if I can be held liable if I reported a family of illegal aliens to ICE. I reported my ex-girlfriends family to ICE, I know that they are all here in the U.S. Illegally and that they are working "under the table" as well as using false SS#'s.

I felt it was my moral obligation as an American citizen to report these people to the proper authorities. The father and grandfather were arrested at their place of employment and her sister was arrested at their house. The mother and my ex are the only ones left, only because my ex has her papers already, but the mother reportedly has gone into hiding.

I want to know if they can turn around and sue me for turning them into the immigration service? Can ICE devulge the identity of the informant or is that confidential information?