Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why shouldn't the United States threaten Iran if they attacked Israel with nuclear weapons?

Favorite Answer

/ Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons, but Israel does have nuclear weapons.

Iran has weapons, and supplies Hammas as well as insurgents in Iraq.

The United States would probably attack Iran directly, if Iran directly (not through other sources) attacked Israel.

Most likely, since Iran hasn't directly attacked Israel, it is because Iran is afraid of the U.S. attacking them (Iran).

If the U.S. did attack Iran, it would most likely be key targets from the air with no ground invasion (in my opinion). I based that idea on the way Israel handled Syria's nuclear program.

Because Israel has between 150-300 nuclear weapons on land, on missles, and on ships and subs. Any country attacking israel would be totally distroyed. And likely as revenge Israel would distroy EVERY arab country as revenge. So they don't need our help. The arabs fear Israel much more than the US if Iran attacked. If Israel is ever attacked there will be nothing left of the attacker for us to attack.

So all we do by saying we will protect Israel is piss off more arabs by showing our continued one-sided support no matter what Israel does. Increasing chances some terrorist will decide to attack us.

The only reason politicians say we should attack if Israel is attacked is to get votes and campaign money from supporters of Israel. But statements like this only hurt the US in the middle east and help bring support for the terrorist who use these statements to to gain recruits and money.

i'm hoping that it does no longer come to that. however the guy is bent on wipeing Isreal off the map. i do no longer think of i could be so in touch, yet this guy in Iran has particularly some hate and contempt in his heart and he scares me. Why won't be in a position to we basically eliminate the crazies and not might desire to commence bombing or invading different international locations. i think of it could be plenty much less complicated basically to eliminate the situation and that guy scares me, there's no telling what he might do if he basically have been given up and had a bad day. I hate warfare, I hate to make certain human beings die, I hate the destruction, the suffering, I want we could discover yet in a distinctive way basically to get him out the photograph.

Obliterate? I think some people here are under the incorrect assumption that the United States can fight the whole world alone. China is a big world power, Russia is too. The answer to many naive copatriots is Bomb Bomb Bomb. We also can be bombed and hurt. We have to be careful to pick our fights and first protect this country second others maybe. how many americans are the old going to offer to the enemy.

There are thousands, perhaps millions of lives at stake. I put Hillary's comments in the same category as McCain singing "bomb, bomb Iran". It's not a laughing matter. In addition her comments were made in the middle of a political campaign. Her choice of words and the context makes it too easy for the Iranians to dismiss her comments and not take her seriously.

We should have taken out Iran a long time ago. They are the nexus for much of the terrorism in this world and it's only been allowed to grow stronger since Carter.

Because the correct response to a nuclear attack on one of our allies would be to wage war, not threaten to.

Because they don't have any nuclear weapons at the moment. Israel does.

Making threats tends to unite enemies.

That will not happen. Iran knows there would be retaliation from many countries, including Russia. It's false speculation. Hillary just dropped that bomb because she wants to look like a tough commander in chief. She was just barking again.