how many angels fell from heaven?

In The Bible, It Said States A Third Fell From Heaven, Which Fell From Heaven With Lucifer For An Attemption To Overthrow The King Of Stars.

I Need A Hard Fact # To Use. [For Personal Reasons.]

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

One third of angel left heaven, two thirds stayed.

• 4 years ago

Number Of Angels In Heaven

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nowhere ANYWHERE in O L D T E S T A M E N T scripture does it state ANY NUMBER in regards to angels having already been cast from heaven....NOWHERE!!!! So you are not going to get any TRUE hard fact numbers from anyone.

Scriptural proof is what you need and there is NONE in the OLD TESTAMENT!!!

However...in the New Testament in Revelation 12 verses 4 & 9 it says:

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

NOW NOTE IT SAYS "STARS of HEAVEN". Stars represent angels and remember that satan himself is called a "star".

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

One thing to note is this.....NOWHERE does it LITERALLY say in scripture......."and one third of the angels of heaven were cast out, or fell with satan".

• 1 decade ago

No specific number is given, just 1/3 as has been mentioned.

The total number of angels is not given either except to say there are myriads on myriads. That somewhere in the vicinity of millions upon millions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The man in the tombs had a legion (thousands) of demons and 1/3 of the angels were cast out with Satan, So there really is no way to put a number on them!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think I read somewhere that it was 1,000 angels. However, that's not in the Bible, and I'm not sure where I read it. I'll look for it and see if I can find where it was written, then you can figure out whether it's a credible source. Give me a few...

• 6 years ago

Lucifer must have been pretty annoyed to his father to leave he kingdom of, not only heavens, but the universe. Why is there trouble in the perfection of heaven after all that angels have to leave?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well they are very very many.Their numbers are never entirely specified apart from Grimoires and if you are into knowing their names and divisions take a look at

http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/grimoire/ac_goetia.pd...

and

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/books/lesserkey...

As regards to the latter there are some astranomically unbeleivable figures given for example(among several therein)

"Caspiel is the Chiefest Emperor Ruling the South who hath 200 great Dukes & 400 lesser Dukes under him besides 1,000,200,000,000 of Ministring Spirits which are much inferior & whereof we [saith Solomon] shall make no mention but only of these 12 being the chief Dukes & their seals for they are sufficient for practise. Each of these 12 Dukes have 2660 under Dukes apeace to Attend them, whereof some of

them come along with him when he is invocated but they are very stubborn & churlish. The seals of his Dukes follow."

As regards the Bible an example that is worthy is the Exorcism of the Gerasene demoniac in Mark 5 .Here a demon probably speaks for several calling himself "Legion, for we are many"....They plead with Jesus to let them into pigs and the pigs nearby numbered 2000 and after they left the man they entered the pigs and drowned them all by rushing down into the lake.

Now for demons out of one man to posess 2000 pigs either means they were really many and posessed each pig (demon for pig) or it could be that one demon can posess several animated creatures and men who are in close proximity to each other simultaneously.

Both scenarios could be true as angels hold power beyond our own

Real number crunching is imposiible but the truth is that they are really numerous and contrary to popular beleif they are not departed bad souls or good souls.They have maintained their number since their collective creation being immortal and unable to reproduce...Though genesis 6 seems to purport that they tried.

According to the book of Enoch some 200 who fell had sex with women but only the 28 prominent leaders are mentioned as follows:

Semyaza,Azazel,Amazarak,Armers,Barkayal,Kokabel,Ezeqeel,Araqiel,Shamsiel,Sariel, Akibeel,Tamiel,Penemue, Kasdeja,Gadreel,Ramuell,Danel, Azkeel,Saraknyal,Asael,Batraal,Anane,Zavebe,Samsaveel,

Ertael,Turel,Yomvael,Urakabarameel

Confusion also arises as to wether Satan/Lucifer is also Beelzebub,Belial,Leviathan by name or wether these names are atributed to his senior 'leutenants'.Many satanists and oculltists take the names as seperate entities all under Lucifer/Satan

All in all they are very many

• 1 decade ago

Since the total number of angels is never given, it is impossible to say how many constitute a 1/3.

At best, their number is referred to as myriads upon myriads.

One myriad is approximately 10,000.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All toll, there were 19. One landed hard and broke some bones and had to be med-evaced to that heavenly angel hospital in the sky.

Next question.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's actually a misnomer that they fell. The took a celestial escalator and numerically it was a third. They are named if you have that sort of interest, google it and see for yourself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.