Why is it that when I talk about Japanese whaling, the answers are about Japanese war crimes in WWII?

Please read first . . . I am a Japanese and I know the horrible crimes that Japan committed during WWII. Whenever I ask about whaling and the Japanese, at least one of the responses criticize Japan for its war crimes. Why do people (mainly westerners, I am assuming) hate and criticize the Japanese TODAY for what... show more Please read first . . .

I am a Japanese and I know the horrible crimes that Japan committed during WWII. Whenever I ask about whaling and the Japanese, at least one of the responses criticize Japan for its war crimes. Why do people (mainly westerners, I am assuming) hate and criticize the Japanese TODAY for what the Japanese SOLDIERS did OVER HALF A CENTURY AGO? They bring it up whenever I talk about current Japanese environmental crimes. I'm not saying it's not related given what I wrote in my whaling questions, but people talk about it with so much hatred as if the Japanese today are not aware of it, or as if the Japanese today (including I) committed those crimes and are guilty.
Update: Japan has paid numerous amounts of money to China and apologized numerous amounts of times, yet the west believes the Chinese who says that Japan hasn't admitted to its war crimes nor apologized. Now that the China/Tibet issue is getting fired up, westerners talk about how the Chinese are wrong and brainwashed... show more Japan has paid numerous amounts of money to China and apologized numerous amounts of times, yet the west believes the Chinese who says that Japan hasn't admitted to its war crimes nor apologized. Now that the China/Tibet issue is getting fired up, westerners talk about how the Chinese are wrong and brainwashed because of the censorship present in their communist society. Given this limitation, do you still believe the Chinese’s words that Japan hasn't done anything to compensate for their actions towards them in WWII? Don’t you think that the Chinese government isn’t telling its people that Japan has compensated, just like how it’s not telling its people that it killed the Tibetans?

Please tell me what you think. I want to clear things up.