Middle eastern lafa bread recipe for shawarma?

I've looked all over the internet for a recipe, but to no avail. I don't have an oven, but the shawarma bread I've had seemed to be cooked in a skillet and not baked. I need a fool-proof recipe that can be cooked in a skillet.

Favorite Answer
  • Erika

Lafa Recipe

do you mean pita bread,the type that you cut a pocket into and stuff ?

it has to be baked in an oven to achieve the pocket,not broiled/fried in a skillet

this is a basic yeast ,salt ,flour ,water ,white bread flour recipe .the dough is kneaded,shaped ,rolled out then proved on a floured tray.it is baked in a fierce oven and when puffed up and baked turned over on the tray straight after coming out the oven.

• ?

Grape leaves are my absolute fashionable, additionally i like ok i don't understand the thank you to spell it wisely in any respect by way of fact while i became little i accidently referred to as them "flat tires" and now my finished kinfolk calls them that inspite of the undeniable fact that this is meat and onion in a triangle formed bread dough. :) I additionally love the flat bread with the thyme mixture in it. yummmm!

Try this one. Looks like it might work

Source(s): www.care2.com/c2c/groups/disc.html?gpp=1594&pst=390265

Would a tortilla be a good substitute?