Installing ceramic floor tile- how to handle floor vents?

We are installing 16" x 16" ceramic floor tiles in the kitchen, bath and laundry room. We have 3 air vents on the floor that we need to tile around. No matter what layout pattern we have tried, all would require that we cut a triangle for all 3 floor vents. Is that even possible??? If so, what is the... show more We are installing 16" x 16" ceramic floor tiles in the kitchen, bath and laundry room. We have 3 air vents on the floor that we need to tile around. No matter what layout pattern we have tried, all would require that we cut a triangle for all 3 floor vents. Is that even possible??? If so, what is the best and/ or easiest way to do that? What tools, etc. would be helpful too. Thanks.
Update: EDIT- My apologies! I have been up 20 hours ripping up old wood flooring and OSB. I DID mean to say RECTANGULAR. We DO have a wet saw, but I still don't understand how that would cut a rectangular, say approx. 11" x7" rectangle out of the center of a 16" x 16" tile. Am I so tired I... show more EDIT- My apologies! I have been up 20 hours ripping up old wood flooring and OSB. I DID mean to say RECTANGULAR.

We DO have a wet saw, but I still don't understand how that would cut a rectangular, say approx. 11" x7" rectangle out of the center of a 16" x 16" tile. Am I so tired I am missing something??? LOL We have laid several thousand sq ft of wood flooring- even 7 3/4" very wide planks but even with wood that wide, you don't have to custout a rctangular peice in the center of your board, like will have to be done with the large tile squares. THANKS!
Update 2: Thanks but still don't see, or perhaps understand, the answer to my Q. Need to get 2"x10" & 4"x10 rectangles cut out of the CENTER, or very near center of 16"x16" tiles. NO, wet saw won't work & circular won't make a 2" cut. As mentioned- a U shape cut that could be... show more Thanks but still don't see, or perhaps understand, the answer to my Q.

Need to get 2"x10" & 4"x10 rectangles cut out of the CENTER, or very near center of 16"x16" tiles. NO, wet saw won't work & circular won't make a 2" cut. As mentioned- a U shape cut that could be done with either tool is not what we need due to layout options that work around all the other obstacles. Maybe I am not phrasing it right- How do we get a HOLE started in the center of the tile? Perhaps we could just nip away if we knew how to do that, BUT still, seems like a ton of nipping. YES, vents just drop in and any area we nipped would be covered- just need to know how to best get a center hole started- period. Are you saying theres a tool that could get a whole in the CENTER at least started?