Who elects the President of the United States?

this es my question to get the citizin and the answer is the electoral college, can you tell me what is the electoral college, I don't understan, because I was thinking you vote for the president

Favorite Answer

In each state the popular vote is tallied and the winner receives all of the electoral votes. Without this process states such as New York and California would control the country and the voices of the people in lesser populated states would not be heard. And it is the Democratic Party and the members are democrats.

You do vote the president into office via the electoral college - yes the electoral college can ignore who wins the popular vote but that has only happened once and I don't remember the president's name it was long ago - you can find it on the net. Keep in mind we are a REPUBLIC not a democracy and it is not the Democratic Party but the Democrat Party. The electoral college is important for states that don't have a lot of population. If not for the electoral college one state like New York could vote in a president regardless of how the rest of the country/states vote.

The electoral college is a set of electors that represent each of the 50 states. Larger states have more electors smaller states have fewer, the number of electors a state has to it's Congressional representatives. Votes for president are counted state by state, the winner of the popular vote for that state is then awarded the electoral vote.

It is possible, however, that a candidate can win the popular vote and not get the electoral vote and therefore, not win the election. That's happened three times that I'm aware of.

i don't really know after the last couple of elections. i think it is some foreign group that picks our candidates and then when the voting gets done they count the votes however they feel... electoral college? popular vote? none of the above are in play these days. the media is a big factor in who get elected. if they don't like a candidate then they don't even get a chance to show how good they would be.