Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Holocaust Denial?

Whats the first thought that comes to your mind when some tells you that the Holocaust "is a myth" or "it never happened"?

Do you get sick to your stomach like I do?

• Marie
    Favorite Answer

I come to think of that person a true idiot or just filled with hatred. Too much evidence exists to believe anything but the horrible truth! When I think of the Holocaust the first thing that comes to mind is something that happened when my son was small , around 5 or 6 or so. I was busy in the kitchen and my son was in his room watching TV. A children's show was on but it finished. I did not know that this show about the Holocaust came on PBS, and my son was watching it. I had lost track of the time and thought Sesame Street was still on. Mathew came running out in tears and said that people were on TV killing babies. I went to see what he was so upset about. There was this documentary about the Holocaust on showing heaps of dead bodies and Nazis throwing little babies into incinerators. My son cried until he cried himself to sleep that night. His father's real father was Jewish, but died before my children were born. I felt sick as I tried to comfort my son and tried to answer all the questions he had.One question that really haunts me to this day is when my son asked me why nobody did anything to stop them? I will never forget trying to comfort him. He could not be consoled that day. It really broke my heart.

If someone says it never happened, I would chalk it up to hatred and ignorance! There is certainly enough evidence to confirm the Holocaust! It is shameful to think what man can do to man! What makes things worse is when people deny the horrible things that were done! We should never forget the lives that were lost because of hatred......... lest history repeat itself!

Yet they believe the tooth fairy comes once in a blue moon.

Like Paperback said, most of the deniers, deny that the Holocaust happened mostly to the Jews. And yes, it makes me sad.

• ?

More like a daze of amazement that anyone could deny such a thing. I know there are Holocaust deniers, it's just appalling that they think that.

It's news to me that it's a myth. No one has ever said that to me. There was some cook in Austria who went around arguing that and he rightfully got a lot of resentment and so on.

I immediately ask the person why they don't also deny the deaths of the millions of NON Jews who were murdered by the Nazis.

The fact that it is ONLY Jewish deaths that are denied says it all, really.

I don't become sick but I do state that anyone that believes it did not happen really need to catch up on their history...

Yes i also have a visceral reaction. I have also noticed those folks are usually anti-Semitic, so yeah it is pretty creepy.

well i know that my grandfather begs a difference

and yes

i will get sick to your stomach like you do

• kismet

I sure do... Then I think of all my relatives who were murdered by the Nazis in Auscwitz and in Bergen-Belsen, and I just want to cry....

Pretty much. I know that if I say something to them that they will just ignore it and I don't want to lose my temper.