Khai V asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Collection Agency Gambling Debt?

Alright. My situation is that i wagered online at this online gambling site that is based in Costa Rica. They give everyone $1000 credit to bet with without no deposit. But i emailed them my Drivers License and Utility Bill to be able to use the Casino software. After a month i lost the entire $1000 and they said i have to pay or they will turn me over to collections. they also said they have people that can come to my house and collect my debt. heres what their rules state.

Failure to pay amounts owed to CreditWagering.com within 30 days of settlement period will be subject to the following:

1. CreditWagering.com reserves the right to put all of your personal information on the CreditWagering.com website.

2. CreditWagering.com reserves the right to turn over all of your personal information to any collection agencies CreditWagering.com deems necessary.

3. CreditWagering.com reserves the right to turn over all of your personal information to any attorney CreditWagering.co

Favorite Answer

Advise them of the following:

Title 18, United States Code, Sec. 1084. Transmission of wagering information; penalties (The Wire Act)

(a) Whoever being engaged in the business of betting or wagering knowingly uses a wire communication facility for the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of bets or wagers or information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on any sporting event or contest, or for the transmission of a wire communication which entitles the recipient to receive money or credit as a result of bets or wagers, or for information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

(b) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of information for use in news reporting of sporting events or contests, or for the transmission of information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on a sporting event or contest from a State or foreign country where betting on that sporting event or contest is legal into a State or foreign country in which such betting is legal.

(c) Nothing contained in this section shall create immunity from criminal prosecution under any laws of any State.

(d) When any common carrier, subject to the jurisdiction of the Federal Communications Commission, is notified in writing by a Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency, acting within its jurisdiction, that any facility furnished by it is being used or will be used for the purpose of transmitting or receiving gambling information in interstate or foreign commerce in violation of Federal, State or local law, it shall discontinue or refuse, the leasing, furnishing, or maintaining of such facility, after reasonable notice to the subscriber, but no damages, penalty or forfeiture, civil or criminal, shall be found against any common carrier for any act done in compliance with any notice received from a law enforcement agency. Nothing in this section shall be deemed to prejudice the right of any person affected thereby to secure an appropriate determination, as otherwise provided by law, in a Federal court or in a State or local tribunal or agency, that such facility should not be discontinued or removed, or should be restored.

(e) As used in this section, the term ``State'' means a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a commonwealth, territory or possession of the United States.

Also contact your state attorney generals office. Some states have also passed their own laws regarding this type of operation.

Hope this answers your question.

1

Source(s): The Auto Betting Machine : http://BettingMachine.oruty.com/?UtL

Hi,

I used "Credit Solution" to settle my debt and improve my credit score.They managed to reduce my debt up to 58% .It's legitimate.I came across this company on NBC News Special Edition.Check it out here:

http://nanoref.com/linksynerg/LL-vtw