Men...what do you think, my husband keeps his cell phone on vibrate and is very protective of his phone.?

We have been married for exactly 1 year. I told him that this is not helping my trust issues with him and that I can't be with someone that is not openly honest with me so I want a divorce. He is unwilling to be completely open with me. Am I wrong?

The first 3 years of our relationship wasn't the best, but we were still in love. 2 yrs into our relationship I found a girls phone number who he met at the club, he said he called her becuase he was lonely. When I was pregnant I just checked his cell one day and it had a video of a girl that he worked with dancing. Mind you, that for the past 2 years we have been apart, he was stationed in Maine and just moved down here with me, and decided to get an apartment to sort out his feelings . Since getting his apartment he knows that he wants to be with me and wants to be married to me, but he doesnt spend quality time with me and our daughter. He spends more time withhis motorcycle and people that he just met than with us.

Favorite Answer

Girl this man is cheating on you.. my husband use to do all that and I stayed around trying to make things work, now I am raising a child he had with another woman.. he is a cheater and always will be.... Me let's see I am raising three kids and going to school to get an education after I am trough doing this he either change or I am gone.. Your already out and only have one child, do your self a favor and don't go back with him living with trust issues is a complete and total nightmare, I am trying to work everything in my life right now, I am trying to not care if he does or doesn't cheat so it will be easier to leave when is time, is hard not to care when it makes you so mad you know what their doing and they try to cover crap up but men are really bad in that department.. LOL find someone hon that you can trust it can happen if you quit trying to work something you know is broken.. instead of trying to give him a chance you should give your self a chance. A chance of a real life believe me I know I don't have a life, I haven't had one for 15 years and right now my life is tide up with my children and my school for 8 more years, that is a long time and it hurts that I saw all this coming and instead of leaving I stay trying to make it work.. don't be like me.. leave him alone let him be.. if he is not good to you he won't be for any woman.. my step daughters mom find out the hard way.. is a hard price to pay for me to let her see that she could not take my husband is a hard price to pay with a man who can't stop cheating.. hope this help good luck.

You have only been married a year and already have trust issues? Or did you have these issues BEFORE you got married? Without trust a relationship will not survive...I don't know if he is hiding anything by keeping his phone on vibrate...Has he always done this or is something he just started doing? Just because his phone is on vibrate doesn't mean he is hiding anything...but he could be....Do you check the cell phone records to see if he is making calls or receiving calls from a unknown number?

You shouldn't get a divorce just because he doesn't want you to see his phone and keeps it on vibrate. However, one of my favorite quotes is "If you've got nothing to hide, hide nothing". I recently cought my wife talking to a man she cheated on me with. I found the proof in the phone and text message calls that went out before I confronted her with it. Before you go throwing around accusations, prove your point or at least find some kind of proof instead of just suspicion. If he has his own apartment, get a babysitter for a night you know he's going out without you and have a friend drive you to stake out his apartment. Be sure to take a camera with a good zoom. Another quote: "A picture is work a thousand words".

the cell phone being private to him doesn't mean he is cheating but you being suspicious means there is probably more going on in your relationship. I would sit down and talk with him and tell him what you are feeling, and see if you can both compromise to help your relationship.

it seems to me that maybe you two have some issues but marriage is hard and you shouldn't give up so easily on your marriage. people turn to divorce when things get hard, but many times the problems can be worked thru.

Source(s): I am married.

Does he keep the phone in the front pocket? I am sure that though he likes the vibration there he still loves you. If he is getting overprotective of the phone you need to go to a marriage doctor.

• No, you are not. Anyone that cannot leave their phone out has something to hide. On the other hand if you have to go through a phone that is left out then either you have trust issues or you think he is not being faithful. Right now, it is not you .

best thing to do is sit down and talk to him. Find out why he doesn't want you to see it. He might be hiding something then again he may not be. dont get a divorce just because he won't let you see his cellphone. If you are really worried one night while he is asleep or taking a shower sneak it and check it out. But you really need to talk to him about it. Tell him that you are worried that there is something going on and that he needs to be open with you. best of luck. hope it works out for the best.

Maybe he is trying to hide something. You need to trust your gut. I keep my phone on vibrate because I think it is rude for a phone to be ringing constantly.

I keep my cellphone on vibrate all the time, am married and not cheating. What's the big deal? What else is going on?

You're not wrong.

keep pushing the divorce option and see if he cares at all.

good luck.