13 year old girl wanting to lose weight :] please read.?
i'm 5'2" and 106 lbs.
i want to try to lose the little fat that i have on my stomach, and the most weight i will lose is 6 lbs. but let's just say if i'm satisfied with the results at 4 lbs, i'll stop there.
i'd want to lose the weight by the end of may, AT LEAST.
and don't give me the "you're a growing girl, you don't need to lose weight" lecture. 6 lbs isn't going to kill me.
food & exercise tips please? :)
- Uncle PedroLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
Hey, this is what I tell everybody about losing some type of weight or the other. First of all, NEVER use drugs, medications, or any other things that you would have to take in order to lose weight, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. (Like if you were about to die or something) Drugs may be helpful and will do the job, but let me explain to you why this is such a bad idea. Let's say you take some drugs, to help you lose some weight. There are some very nasty side effects for using such hazardous remedies. All medications are different, but all include things like headaches, nausea, tiredness, fainting, and many other side effects that you here on those commercials that advertise a drug or medicine and then quickly list all the bad side affects, like some of those episodes on The Simpson's. Not only will drugs wear you down, but taking drugs to lose weight have been known to make you lose weight, but once you're off the drug, you start gaining weight again. With normal exercising, you have to practice certain things, such as exercising daily, eating nasty vegetables and staying away from things with excessive fat. With drugs, you don't practice any of that and you start gaining weight again because you just go back to your dietary methods as before. Then you end up getting larger again and you're back where you started. As happy and perfect as they seem on commercials, drugs and medications are just the wrong path to take to lose weight.
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever become anorexic or bulimic. Not only is it bad for you, it tires you out and if people find out they'll think you're a freak. It's better to eat 10 lb of meat a day for a year than to become anorexic or bulimic.
1) You always need to exercise, everybody knows it. The hardest part is the how. On your first day of running or something you're not going to be able to get up early in the morning and run for 3 miles. You have to be prepared or else you might think it is too hard to handle. First of all you need a good breakfast. Skipping or eating scrawny breakfasts of a piece of toast or something isn't going to cut it. Eat some fruit, like some apples, oranges, or bananas, drink some milk and orange juice, and other healthy breakfast like things. Whatever you do, don't go off with the day on an empty stomach. Scientists say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, in that it gives you all the energy you need for the rest of the day. Before you go running or exercising, be sure to bring a water bottle. I-pods help too or other things like MP3s. If running is too hard to do near where you live, go to a place that has exercising equipment. Don't like running? You can still lose loads of weight by doing push-ups, curl-ups, or lifting weights. It really helps to take ballet or maybe buy videos with Pilate's dancing or yoga.
2) Eating healthy is also very important to lose weight. Always try and eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Fruits taste good and are sweet, but some vegetables (especially the ones that are super good for you) taste really bad to some people. An easy way to get used to these bitter, nasty, evil veggies is to eat a tiny amount of the veggie that you really don't like every day or week for a long time. After awhile, you will get used to the taste and will start to be OK with eating that vegetable. Just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean that you've just turned vegan or vegetarian. You still have to eat meat. Just not as much of it. Whatever you do, don't skip meals and eat properly with lots of fruits and veggies and this will help you lose weight very fast. When you're eating, try to eat slowly and you will get full faster. That way, you will eat much less.
3) Another great way to lose weight is to do activities like sports or physical games that make you move. Swimming, basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, and all other sports are great ways to lose weight. It's like a bonus--lose weight, have fun. Or you can look around on the Internet for weight loss programs or places that have exercising equipment that will surely help you lose weight.
If you follow these instructions on how to lose weight, you will see the difference for yourself in no time.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Ok, start by getting to bed early, then wake up early , and jog,or walk for a bit around your neighborhood. Or if you don't like that then try doing excersiizes to your favourite song.Excersize at least twice a day, for about an hour. For food, just eat healthy don't eat pop, chips, candy, or chocolate. (only eat that once in a while). Drink TONS of water ,like 3-4 litres a day.It will flush out food and stuff faster. Also when your eating eat slowly ,(take 20 bites per spoonful). And don't watch tv, or anything while eating. Focus on your stomach and it will tell you when your full. Good luck!
- JosephineLv 44 years ago
I agree with those that have posted that you are fine. You don't need to lose weight - be happy with who you are. I know, seems hard when everyone is focused on looks. At the age of 13 you can damage your body a lot by trying to be "super skinny". If you have some areas that you are self-conscious about, no amount of what anyone says will make you feel better about them, but you are healthy. If you have something important on June 19th, try looking for outfits that make you feel good about your body, and make you feel less self-conscious.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Yeah you can eat less, but u also have to work out. You could run, do sit-ups, or just go and play some sport with friends. You just have to keep yourself moving, even dancing helps:). I would say crunches are really good for stomach fat, the only problem is that it takes a while for the to work. so do them everyday, at night and in the morning if possible, do 100 (you can do 2 sets of 50 or 4 sets of 25) I hope it all works out for you :) you can go here and click on what part of the body you want to lose wheight and they will give u ideas: http://health.msn.com/fitness/fit-zone/
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 5 years ago
I will try to keep it simple. Your metabolism is basically the rate at which your body burns calories to create energy. So the faster your metabolism, the faster you burn calories and the easier it is to lose unwanted weight. To boost your metabolism naturally you just need to eat the right foods.
You can sit down and literally eat a 1,000-calorie dinner and yet be absolutely starving just a few hours later and the reason is simple: Because your body didnt get what it needed in those 1,000 calories so it sends signals to your brain telling you to ingest more calories and thus, the late-night cravings. That means that the surest way to end those late-night cravings and keep your weight loss goals on track is to eat a more balanced, nutritious diet that actually gives your body what it needs.
It's VERY EASY to lose weight if you eat the right foods. Check out Dr. Charles Livingston's video here: http://www.sexyjese.com - it will blow your mind.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
You obiously dont have alot of weight to lose.My best tips are go on a healthy or low calorie diet and exercise for 1/2 hour a day
- 1 decade ago
I would suggest packing a healthy lunch for school if you already don't (you never know with school food). Then, I would suggest that run at the track for 30 minutes or an hour at least 3 days a weak. (6 lbs isn't that much to loose).
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Go running, rollerblading, biking, or something. Watch some of the stuff you eat, avoid really sugary foods and eat more fruits and veggies. It's common sense, really.
You're 13, for god's sake, and not even overweight.
- AlLv 41 decade ago
Run for 3 miles. Start off at 1 mile and work up
Watch your calories by not eating junk food.
- kratospicheLv 41 decade ago
Well it has nothing to do with how much you weigh.It about what you look like.When you work out your body will change shape,and if you look in the mirror and like what you see but you weigh 110 then thats fine.But you just need to tone up do cardio and run.And some ab work outs will do the trick.Good luck