Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

why do people think snakes are slimy?

they're not...

Best Answer

i have no idea, they are not slimy one bit! they are kinda rubbery and dry, a little plasticy but not slimy or wet at all

Slimy Snakes

• Paula

Eww, you are right snakes do not feel slimy at all... they are dry and smooth. The only explanation I can concieve of is that the snake was releasing a liquid usually called musk(I think) which is used to make predators drop them because it tastes awful... it is similar to a toad peeing on you. It has happened to me a couple times when I picked up wild snakes and the liquid really stinks and makes the snake seem slimy. That may have been what happened to you, the snake might have been threatened by so much handling and released its musk.... Thats the only reason I can think of because snakes aren't normally slimy.

No, they are not... anyone who has touched one knows that... I guess that they look like they will be slimy because of thier shine and, well, all around look. Also, snakes that live in rivers are slimy due to the fact that they live underwater.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why do people think snakes are slimy?

they're not...

Source(s): people snakes slimy: https://shortly.im/n0O9M

Because some people are not smart!

And maybe it is also because their scales sometimes appear very shiny, and it makes them appear wet and slick, and therfore slimy.

But I think the first explanation is the best fit!

Probably because they've never touched one :-) FISH are slimy; snakes feel like the best possible leather! I had a friend who had a king snake, and it loved to wind around my arm - I'd swear it got to the point that it recognized me!

They aren't it is just the shiny and hard scales that make it look like that so I repeat THEY ARE NOT SLIMY!!!!!!!!!(I read that in a book and saw it in a TV show)

Source(s): Book and TV

Their shiny scales make them look slimy.

No because they are not slimy.